Returning to page using pagination

Hi,
I am using 45 essential girds using pagination on one page.

If you click through from the ess grid to a portfolio item, then click return,
you always end up at the top of the first page, not the page you left on clicking into a portfolio item

How can I have it so you can go back to the same part of the page?

Thanks

Hello Sarah,

Thanks for writing in!

It might be some issue of JS conflicts. Can you please share website URL for us to take a closer look?

In the meantime, please try out following:

1. Please make sure that you are using latest version of X Theme 6.5.6 and Cornerstone 3.5.5. Along with that please ensure that you have supported version of Essential Grid 2.3.2.
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

Thanks.

Hi,
I’ve sent you a secure note…
Thanks

Hello Sarah,

Can you please provide us the url of the page in question? I am only seeing a previous button at the paginated page as shared in the secure note.

Thank you in advance.

Hello Sarah,

To resolve your issue, because what you are trying to accomplish requires a template customization, we would highly to suggest that you use a child theme. This allows you to make code changes that won’t be overwritten when an X update is released.

After the child theme is set up, please add the following code in your child theme’s functions.php file

// Custom Parent Portfolio Link with Go Back function
// =============================================================================

if ( ! function_exists( 'x_ethos_entry_top_navigation' ) ) :
  function x_ethos_entry_top_navigation() {

if ( x_is_portfolio_item() ) {
      $link = "javascript:history.back();";
    } elseif ( x_is_product() ) {
      $link = x_get_shop_link();
    }

$title = esc_attr( __( 'See All Posts', '__x__' ) );

?>

<div class="entry-top-navigation">
        <a href="<?php echo $link; ?>" class="entry-parent" title="<?php $title; ?>"><i class="x-icon-th" data-x-icon-s="&#xf00a;"></i></a>
        <?php x_entry_navigation(); ?>
      </div>

<?php

}
endif;
// =============================================================================

We would love to know if this has worked for you. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.