Responsive Text - Visibly Shrinks on Page Load

Whenever I use responsive text on my website I have issues with the page load.

Initially the text is big, then as the page completes loading the text visibly shrinks on the screen. It gives a bit of a jarring user experience.

I don’t have any responsive text live on my site right now to show, but I’m curious if this issue has come up for other users.

Hi Justin,

The responsive text feature uses the Javascript code to adjust the original font size to what you have set in the options. I suggest that you make sure that the original font size is small enough so you do not see that bad effect. The cause of that effect is that the Javascript code is not loaded yet, so the font size is the big one which you set in the theme options or in the element that you added the text. Then the Javascript code kicks in and shrinks the font size based on your settings of the Responsive Text feature.

Another alternative solution for the whole responsive text is to use the new CSS features which makes it possible to have the responsive text without the use of Javascript language. So basically you will not use the Responsive text feature of the theme and will only assign a CSS code to the proper element. I suggest that you read the thread reply below from our lead developer which gives some insight into the matter:

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.