Respect aspect ratio - revolution slider

I’m trying got setup a slider and modify views across devices but encountering some problems when I change to custom sizes. Even with Respect aspect ratio turned on - my image appears distorted.

The image is not the full size of the slider as image and BG color match - I was trying to keep filesize down avoiding PNG and fullwidth image.

I’ve been experimenting with different settings but I haven’t been able to get the image to stay at it’s correct aspect ratio - and it always appears on top of text even though it’s at the bottom of the layer stack.

Could you let what the problem might be.

Hello @myoshka,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

The login details you have shared is not working. I am getting ERROR: Invalid username. Lost your password? error message. Can you please confirm the login details.

However, looking at the website I don’t see images getting distorted on my end. Can you please confirm?
Here is a screencast. https://cl.ly/163o0F403Q0C

Thanks.

Hi - details updated. I gave an incorrect user.

Please note I’m currently getting the dreaded “The preview was unresponsive after loading.” and can no longer access the console to make any edits.

I lost the work I was doing on the slider so what is up is where I got to before getting the console error again.

If there’s any chance you can take a look as I’m currently locked out from making any further amends. It’s a total spanner in the works.

Hello @myoshka,

Thanks for sharing the login details. :slight_smile:

Yes, I can confirm the problem on my end. I tried loading couple of page and I can see The preview was unresponsive after loading. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing. error message.

Please do the following:

1. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  2. Make sure that you’re running at least PHP v5.6.x or later to avoid any WordPress related incompatibility issues. If you’re not sure what your server configurations and settings are, install a plugin like WP-Serverinfo (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-serverinfo/) and check your server info by head over to Dashboard -> WP Serverinfo area.
    3 Please check our troubleshooting guide here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-builder-preview-warnings/14404).

In case issue is still there, please give us the permission to troubleshoot the problem. You may experience some inconvenience in the meantime while one of our support staff is doing the troubleshooting and that’s the reason why I am asking for the permission.

Thanks.

Hi - I’ve been trying to troubleshoot this all day, as this particular page has been giving me the problems.

I haven’t added any new plugins, plus this had previously been working fine.
There’s no cacheing plugins running. And I deactivated jetpack.

PHP is version 7.0.6

The problem as far as I can tell (on this page) occurs when I only use CLASSIC SECTIONS within this page. As soon as I add a new non-classic section and save. The console starts working again.

I rechecked other portfolio items pages that have the same method for getting slider to go 100% of container. I can edit these in the console but to my surprise, there are only classic sections and rows being used. I thought I might have figured it out, but this doesn’t make sense if other portfolio items are fine with only classic sections.

I have migrated the site recently using updraft. I don’t think this is an issue as I was able to edit in pro after the migration.

Permission granted. thanks

I managed to get everything back and have created two versions of the same slider at the bottom of the page below.
One is set to custom-grids with respect ratios on the other is set to AUTO.

I have two i issues:
-layers not working correctly so i can’t get text on top of image.
-My ratios are not respected in desktop and laptop views when exported (they appear ok in the editor)

Thanks

Hi,

You can drag your layers to order the stack.

An element with greater stack order is always in front of an element with a lower stack order.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.