Request Timeout

What is the time request that the theme needs to work properly. I couldn’t update the theme in wordpress. I cannot install plugins. The system always gives a timeout error. What should I do?

Hey There,

The default time is 30 seconds. You can reach out to your hosting provider and ask them to change the timeout time inside the php.ini file. Let me know if you need anything further.

I cannot perform updates from within Wordpress. Error codes occur when I update. The old version of the cornerstone from the theme will help me to download the new version.

Hi @Hallac,

You may increase the PHP time out to at least 300s. You may need to contact your hosting provider to increase it. ​We also recommend that you increase your memory allocated to PHP. To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

We would loved to know if this has work for you. And if still it fails to update, please provide us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look?

To do this, you can make a post with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

• FTP hostname
  • FTP username
  • FTP password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Please let us know how it goes.

I added your code to the relevant page and provided the update. But the mistake I received; Update failed: 500 Internal Server Error Request Timeout If the connection timeout is out of order, please contact us. This error occurs every update and when I do I have to start again while remaining jobs.

The following picture is system information.

Hi Alper,

It seems to be okay and working, may I know which plugins you’re trying to install? X and cornerstone are already updated too.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.