"Reply" not working in comments section

If I hit reply on a comment, nothing happens. I have to go in through the dashboard to make a reply. I signed out to try it too and the same thing happened.

Hello @theresaladner,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

On my end it’s working fine. I can see Your comment is awaiting moderation. Please see screenshot. https://cloudup.com/clI7UCpc9YI

Please try clearing cache and try again.

Thanks.

Were you leaving a reply to a comment or just leaving a comment? It’s the leaving a reply to a comment that is not working.

Hey @theresaladner,

I tested the functionality in my test site and the behavior when you reply to a comment is it moves to a comment form. The comment form does not show up in your site. A third party plugin might be overriding this behavior. Please try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If that does not help, please give us WP Admin access in a Secure Note. Please note that while troubleshooting, we may deactivate plugins, switch to the parent theme and remove customizations. With that said, please also backup your site.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.