Renew Sticky Sidebar

Hi Team X,

I’ve gone through the different solutions offered on the forum to create a sticky sidebar, but could not find anything that worked for Renew. We have a very short sidebar content and a long page - hoping to have a sticky side bar similar to what was achieved here:

By following these instructions - though this did not work for us:

Hello @DeeDesign,

Thanks for writing in!

The solution given on this thread(https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/make-sidebar-sticky/3024) will not work for you because you do not have a sidebar. You need first to edit the Menus page and then use the Layout - Content Right, Sidebar Right page template. To know more about the page template in the theme, please check this out:

Hope this helps. Kindly let us know.

Thank you RueNel,

I did have the page set up with a side bar, originally - but was attempting today to set it up with cornerstone to be a sticky column. No luck with that attempt either.

I made a new page with the template you advised above, but the side but is way out in the left margin on the desktop and covering the rest of the content on the mobile - are these settings I should adjust in the provided css?

I followed the instructions on the same link above for the cornerstone column sticky ‘sidebar’ and that worked even better but is not exactly right for this page - it too is jumping out to the right on scroll - and is hidden on the mobile view - This is our preferred solution as the CS column has more design ability compared to the template sidebar. Can you help us make this work for the below page?

Hello @DeeDesign,

Please have your custom css code updated and use this instead:

.stick {
    margin-top: 0 !important;
    position: fixed !important;
    right: calc((100% - 1120px)/2) !important;
    z-index: 10000;
    width: 373px !important;
}

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

Thank you RueNel,

That edit worked perfectly to align it within the CS column - can you assist with more steps:

1 - stop the scroll when the column ends, before the next section - currently it scrolls down over top of the footer.
2 - can the CS column display at the bottom of the content on the mobile view - currently it is not visible at all.

Fingers crossed :slight_smile:

RueNel - I started testing Sticky Sidebar plugins and this one seems to be working without any conflicts so far.

I will continue testing and let you know if I have any further questions.
But I do note there are several requests for this on the forum - maybe X could build in a Sticky Sidebar feature?

:raised_hands:

Hi @DeeDesign,

Thanks for informing us that Sticky Sidebar plugin works out best for you.
And yes, a sticky sidebar and other elements is already added as a feature request.

Best Regards.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.