Remove Woocommerce Gallery

Hi - I’ve searched high and low and cannot find out how to display the images in the gallery to sit underneath the main product image? I think it may be an X Theme setting or code?

I’ve attached a screenshot of how they sit now (which is inside the main product image) and all I want them to do it look like a traditional Woo commerce Product page, underneath and when you click on them they change the main image (not open in a lightbox).

Is this possible??

Hello There,

Thanks for posting in!

Because what you are trying to accomplish requires a template customization, we would highly to suggest that you use a child theme. This allows you to make code changes that won’t be overwritten when an X update is released.

After the child theme is set up, please add the following code in your child theme’s functions.php file

// Remove product gallery slider and gallery zoom
// =============================================================================
add_action( 'after_setup_theme', 'remove_woo_three_support', 11 ); 
function remove_woo_three_support() {
    remove_theme_support( 'wc-product-gallery-zoom' );
    remove_theme_support( 'wc-product-gallery-slider' );
}
// =============================================================================

You should be able to edit the child theme’s functions.php file in Appearance > Editor.

Hope this helps.

Hi! Thanks for your reply, I’m yet to install a child theme and after doing a little research on the forum I’m worried that some of the customisation I have done will not transfer over properly (or if at all) when I install and activate the Child Theme. I know it’s not desirable to make changes like this, but until I work out how to safely transfer all the CSS I’ve added to the site - is there a way to get the gallery looking how I want it (without the Child Theme)??

Hi,

If you added your custom css in Theme Options > Global CSS, no need to transfer your css codes, it will be carried over when you install a child theme.

Please follow our guide below

https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-how-to-setup-child-themes/57

If you are so worried you can create full backup of your site using this third party plugin

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.