Remove sidebar from single posts in one category

Hi,

I’m trying to remove the sidebar from single posts under one category only (News). I need the sidebar to show on other categories and single posts. (I was able to remove the sidebar from the News index page and now I’m stuck for the single posts in that category.) My site is https://revolutionvancouver.com.

Thanks!

Hi @coracle,

You can use the Unlimited Sidebars feature of the theme to add the sidebar and select the categories that you want to assign that sidebar to. For more information:

Thank you.

Thanks. The Unlimited Sidebars solution did not work for me because I only have one sidebar that I want displayed across the board (categories, subcategories, and individual posts) with the exception of one category and its posts. Using Unlimited Sidebars would mean that I would have to tediously assign all those sidebars (and I couldn’t figure out how to get the sidebars to display on subcategory index pages as well as individual posts within those categories).

In the end, I realized I was simply looking for a way to make posts under that one category to be fullwidth. I ended up using the Main Sidebar globally and manually setting certain posts to Fullwidth from the individual post editing pages.

Posting in case this solution helps someone else!

Hi,

Glad to know you were able to find away that works.

Have a great day! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.