Remove Second Title on Archive Page

Hi! How do I remove the second title on archive pages? For instance, you can change the default title and subtitle for the archive pages for categories, but the title of the category is duplicated below these settings. If you remove the archive title and subtitle, you lose the subtitle on the blog homepage.

Can you take a look at http://sexanddessert.com/category/pulp-paperback-covers/

Hi There @zencracker

Thanks for writing in! I see that you have enabled maintenance mode. When I have tried to login, I received the following error. Could you please confirm with the correct information, so that we can check your issue.
ERROR: Invalid username.

In the meantime, if you have added any customizations through child theme, try disabling your child theme and test your issue again.

Thanks!

Sorry - put details in secure note…

Hi There,

The new login is still not working.

Could you please temporarily turn off the under construction mode?

Thanks.

Okay, it’s off…

New user should work now.

Hey @zencracker,

The Archive Subtitle is coming from _landmark-header.php and it’s located in x\framework\legacy\cranium\headers\views\integrity.

Create this directory in your child theme x-child\framework\views\integrity and copy that landmark file in that folder.

The code block responsible for the category landmark is this:

<?php elseif ( is_category() || x_is_portfolio_category() ) : ?>

<?php

$meta     = x_get_taxonomy_meta();
  $title    = ( $meta['archive-title']    != '' ) ? $meta['archive-title']    : __( 'Category Archive', '__x__' );
  $subtitle = ( $meta['archive-subtitle'] != '' ) ? $meta['archive-subtitle'] : __( "Below you'll find a list of all posts that have been categorized as ", '__x__' ) . '<strong>&ldquo;' . single_cat_title( '', false ) . '&rdquo;</strong>';

?>

<header class="x-header-landmark x-container max width">
    <h1 class="h-landmark"><span><?php echo $title ?></span></h1>
    <p class="p-landmark-sub"><span><?php echo $subtitle ?></span></p>
  </header>

Just remove this line:

<p class="p-landmark-sub"><span><?php echo $subtitle ?></span></p>

To learn how to customize X, please visit https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/customizations-best-practices/205

Thanks.

Sorry to bother but to clarify: I don’t want to remove the subtitle. I want to remove the second title that appears. There are two titles: the archive header and the category title. How can I remove the second title, as seen here: http://sexanddessert.com/category/pulp-paperback-covers/

Thanks and I hope that helps.

Please check your custom function in your child theme’s functions.php.

Try removing the h1 or the description because I am not entirely sure what exactly is the second title.

Thanks.

Yep, it was the H1. Removed and the second title vanished! Thank you so much! This was driving me crazy.

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.