Remove Product Image Updates on Woocommerce 3.0 +

Hi There

I have worked through the thread on https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/woocommerce-not-displaying-properly/1227/3 , but have found the solution not working on my site…

I updated my development site to the new(ish) woocommerce 3.2.1 and version 5.2.2 of X theme. My product images were screenshots of the digital products that I sell (e.g. pdf worksheets). They used to size automatically and look sharp / clear. They now don’t. I attach images of the site as it should be (my live site) and how it is now (my development site)

I understand this is because a lot has change on Woocommerce files on 3.0 version. Zoom, gallery feature and light box was added.

I tried to apply the following code to my functions.php file in site>wp-content>x-child>woocommerce>functions.php in my FTP system, but it has not removed these features.

// Remove product gallery slider and gallery zoom
// =============================================================================
add_action( ‘after_setup_theme’, ‘remove_woo_three_support’, 11 );
function remove_woo_three_support() {
remove_theme_support( ‘wc-product-gallery-zoom’ );
remove_theme_support( ‘wc-product-gallery-slider’ );
remove_theme_support( ‘wc-product-gallery-lightbox’ );
}
// =============================================================================

Could you help me fix this? Thanks!!!

Hey,

You can try this custom code at your functions.php

add_action( 'after_setup_theme', 'removing_gallery_zoom', 100 );
function removing_gallery_zoom() { 
remove_theme_support( 'wc-product-gallery-zoom' );
}
// =============================================================================```

I appreciate your reply and a change of code; however…

This still isn’t working?!?

I’ve added the custom code to my child theme x-child functions.php file. Is there anything else I can do? I’ve cleared all caches - in case that made a difference. It didn’t!

Do you have any other solutions?

Hi there,

Would you mind providing more details of the issue? And what’s the issue in your screenshots? They are listing I think where Woocoomerce gallery, zoom, lightbox are not related.

And please provide the site’s URL that has this issue.

Thanks!

HI

Thanks for your reply.

The issue is that the product images have become blurred and not shown to their original scale.

You can see on the live site (http://physics.guzled.com/product-category/aqa/aqa-from-2015/options-2/aqa-astrophysics/) that the product images are clear and of the correct scale.

You can see on the development site (updated x theme and woo commerce) that the images show zoom, are blurred and are not the correct size. (http://dev.physics.guzled.com/product-category/aqa/options-2/aqa-astrophysics/)

Thanks
Sally

Hi Sally,

Thank you for the clarification. Please see the discussion here: https://theme.co/changelog/#theme-x-5-1-1 a little down the bottom for Woocommerce integration. I will quote here for you:

The most notable change is that we have addressed the issue many of you are encountering where WooCommerce thumbnails are no longer the correct size. In summary, in our original WooCommerce integration we would override the thumbnail dimensions using calculations we applied to the other thumbnails on your site (on posts for example). In WooCommerce 3.0, the filters we use to make those adjustments were removed in WooCommerce core. We have revisited our integration code, and decided to restore the native WooCommerce functionality instead of attempt a new dynamic calculation, as it would be increasingly complicated without the filters that are no longer available.

If you are using WooCommerce, you may need to regenerate your thumbnails if your images are not appearing at the correct size. Under WooCommerce settings, you will now see the native thumbnail dimension options that we were removing in previous versions.

Adjust size on this setting below and then regenerate thumbnail:

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.