Remove portfolio publish date & replace with date from a custom field

Hi,

I am using X Theme. My problem is that I wish to remove the publish date from showing on portfolio items and instead replace it with a custom date (which will be the date the event is taking place)

I have gone through the forum which has helped me fix part of my problem. The portfolio items where showing a published date both in the hover over on the main portfolio page and underneath the image on the homepage.

I have found the CSS which removed the date on the hover over. However it has not removed it on the home page “Upcoming Events” section. See on link:

http://sitegb.co.uk/demo-home/

I would however like to replace this date with the date within the custom field “event date”. Is this possible?

Thank in advance
Anthony

I have however added

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for writing in, to remove the date on “Upcoming Events” section on your homepage, you can add this to Theme Options > CSS

.x-recent-posts span.x-recent-posts-date {
	display: none;
}

Adding a custom date on the portfolio post page though will require modifying a template, the template is the content-portfolio.php under (\pro\framework\views\renew).

Setup Child Theme and copy the mentioned file on your child theme (same folder path \pro-child\framework\views\renew) and do your modifications there. Regretfully this is a customization that we can not provide support with, you may wish to consult a developer to assist you with this. X is quite extensible with child themes, so there are plenty of possibilities.

Thank you for understanding,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.