Remove H1 Tag under header - page name?

I would like to remove the H1 area at the top of the page - page name / title?

I read about moving a file but that file is already in that location?

Thanks for help -

Hi @Flexieuk,

To achieve that, you need to setup a child theme first:

Then please copy some template files to your child theme (eg. from \wp-content\themes\x\framework\views\icon\)

Examples,

\wp-content\themes\x-child\framework\views\icon\content.php \wp-content\themes\x-child\framework\views\icon\content-audio.php \wp-content\themes\x-child\framework\views\icon\content-gallery.php \wp-content\themes\x-child\framework\views\icon\content-image.php \wp-content\themes\x-child\framework\views\icon\content-link.php \wp-content\themes\x-child\framework\views\icon\content-quote.php \wp-content\themes\x-child\framework\views\icon\content-video.php \wp-content\themes\x-child\framework\views\icon\content-portfolio.php

After that, change the h1 tag to h2:

`

<?php the_title(); ?>

`

`

<?php the_title(); ?>

`

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Hi Thai,

Thanks for your reply - i wonder if i could use it instead of removing it -

where can i enter text for that H1? where does it come from?

Thanks

Hi @Flexieuk,

That text is the page/post title. If you would like to edit the text, you just need to edit the post/page title.

Regards!

great thanks got around that problem - is there also code to remove/change the padding for the gap between the menu bar and that H1?

Hello Ian,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

Yes, you can add following CSS under X > Theme Options > CSS:

.page .entry-wrap {
    padding-top: 5px;
}

1- I have found the proper CSS code selector using the Chrome browser Developer Toolbar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcFnnxfA70g

2- For the CSS code itself, I suggest that you get started with this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfoY53QXEnI

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.