Remove demo content after site complete?

Hi, can I remove all the demo content once my site is complete. It’s showing up in some of the woocommerce pages and I can’t get rid of it.

My site isn’t on a child theme as I didn’t realise I should have when I stared :grimacing:

This may make it more difficult I know. Hopefully you can help me with this.

Regards

Rob

Hey Rob,

Regretfully, there’s no automatic way of removing all demo content. WordPress however, has a Search Posts feature so you can search for “demo” and the demo posts will be filtered and listed so you can select the demo posts or pages and under Bulk Actions select Move to Trash and click on the Apply button.

Regarding the child theme, if you haven’t made some customizations yet, you still can switch to the child theme without taking further actions.

If you already have made some customizations however, you will need first to copy all the files you customized into the child theme and then you can install and activate the child theme. Before copying, please take note of the Customization Best Practices to avoid issues.

One thing to note also is we do not have support for customization issues. We can give some guidance but not to the point that we customize everything. If you don’t have WordPress development knowledge, it’s recommended that you consult with a third party developer.

Hope that helps and thank you for understanding.

Awesome information there thank you so much. As always you guys are incredibly helpful :slight_smile:

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

Is there anywhere I can find information on copying my site to child theme. And how I get the child theme set up? Also if I download and installed the child theme will it interfere with the current site I’ve set up. What would be good is if I can download it and build it from scratch there while the current site is still running.

Thanks

Rob

Hello @Rob_G33,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

I am sharing few resources that you can take a look to setup child theme. Job of Child theme is to inherit the functionalities of parent theme. Kindly take following resources:

Thanks.

Great thank you. If I instal the child theme can I still run the current theme setup I have without it interfering with it?

Thanks again

Rob

Hey Rob,

Here’s a guide on building a theme (might be applicable to child themes) behind the scenes. I personally don’t like this approach though.

What I’d recommend is you create a staging environment. Here’s a guide. This means you create first a copy of your site and then build your child theme in there then when you’re done, you can copy your child theme to your live site and activate it.

Hope that helps.

Ok great thank you. If I create a staging site and installed xtheme there can I build my site in a child theme then copy over to my existing site and get rid of everything I’ve done there and run from my child theme if that makes sense?

Hi there,

That is an option but you also have to keep track of the settings you have set in the Theme Options.

Chances are, you will be setting new options in the Theme Options to the staging site aside from the child theme.

If that’s the case, you can copy over the child theme and export the Theme Options of the staging site and import it to the current site.

Please note that keeping a backup of everything before making vital changes such as copying over the child theme and importing Theme Options is important just in case you’ll need it.

Hope this helps.

Great thank you.

You’re welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.