Remove Customizer Link

Hello,
I am looking for instructions on how to remove a “section” from the pro theme customizer menu. I would like to completely remove the “Portfolio” menu section in the customizer side menu as I do not need it at all. I looked around for hours as to how to do it, and I cannot find an answer.

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for writing in! Regretfully, this particular customization request is outside the scope of our support as this is not related to an issue with the theme and instead has to do with your customization of it. As such, you will need to investigate this particular issue on your own or seek help from a developer should you not feel comfortable making these changes yourself. We do have an in-house custom development team that offer paid services, who may be able to assist. They can be contacted at pinnacle@theme.co if this is of interest to you. If you have any further questions about the theme, we are more than happy to provide you with assistance on these inquiries.

Thank you for your understanding.

That response doesn’t make sense. Everyone in here gets support for customizations of their website. I am trying to do the same thing. I need to simply erase the Portfolio menu tab in the customizer. I have investigated this on my own and because of your customizations to the generic Wordpress customizer, I cannot make the edit the normal way it should be done. What I am talking about is your company’s use of Ember. The use of Ember generates a randomized ID for the menu element every time it is loaded and so therefore makes taking control of the ID impossible with traditional methods. So, again, since you have customized the code to be impossible to work with, I expect you to tell me the way to uncustomize it.

Hi There,

We do help on some customization on how site works or looks but the admin side of it is not part of it specially the PHP templates. The easiest workaround I can give you is remove it from view using the following CSS. See this: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cFVei6onBP

.cs-workspace-content > a:nth-child(9) {
    display: none;
}

Hope this helps.

This is exactly what I needed. However, where are you putting the CSS?

Hello There,

Because what you are trying to accomplish requires a template customization, we would highly to suggest that you use a child theme. This allows you to make code changes that won’t be overwritten when an X update is released.

After the child theme is set up, please add the following code in your child theme’s functions.php file

// =============================================================================

// Hide Portfolio section in the customizer
// =============================================================================
function my_custom_admin_head() { ?>

<?php if ( is_user_logged_in() ) : ?>

<style>
      #accordion-section-x_customizer_section_portfolio{
        display: none !important;
      }
    </style>

<?php endif; ?>

<?php }
add_action( 'customize_controls_print_styles', 'my_custom_admin_head', 999 );

// Unregisters Portfolio in the theme options
function x_child_unregister_theme_options() {
  cornerstone_options_unregister_section( 'x-portfolio' );
}
add_action('cornerstone_options_register', 'x_child_unregister_theme_options', 25 );

We would loved to know if this has work for you. Thank you.

Excellent! Exactly what I needed! Thank you so much! Works perfectly.

You’re welcome!
Thanks for letting us know that it has worked for you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.