Remove/Change headline in MEC Calendar detail view

Hi guys,
I´m using the mec plugin to create events within the x-theme on my website. While I could easily change the titel of the events page like on any other page, the detail view works different. I couldn´t find any option to change the titel “News” or to remove it completely. Same goes for the breadcrumps. Any suggestions?
Hope you can help.
Regards

Hi There @Hessner

Thanks for writing in! Can you try setting Archive Page Title under M.E Calendar -> Settings and see if that helps.

Thanks!

Thanks, but it was already changed. Sorry, forgot to mention that. I dont have any page called “News” whats really confusing. Other suggestions or a css workover to change just that specific page? As I can´t find that page anywhere I dont know where to start…

Hi There,

Can you re-generate your permalink settings by head over to Settings -> Permalinks area and see if there’s any change. Also try disabling your 3rd party plugins and test. You can use this plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/health-check/) to test for a plugin conflict without affecting your live site visitors. Check this guide if needed (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO1nP1gBstM).

If you’re still having issues, provide us with your login credentials in a secure note to check your issue further.

Thanks!

Hey, no plugin conflicts so far, as I could see. But now I know, that “News” is the blog title which is also used for showing calendar detailed events. But every advice to change the title didnt work, as the option seems to be missing within my x theme options !?
I can just removed the titel with
.x-header-landmark { display: none !important; }
But that doesnt really fix the problem.
So how can I change the title of the blog and how can I show event details with an extra title, which isnt related to the blog?
Thx
Edit: to be clear: “theme options” -> blog doesnt contain a title option…

Hi,

You can change the Blog Title under Theme Options > Renew

How can I show event details with an extra title, which isnt related to the blog?

Not sure what you are referring to, I check your event’s page and can see the title

Do you mind providing more clarification.

Thanks

Ok, thank you for the blog titel option!
As you can see in my first post the detail view has the same heading like the blog. is there a possibility to change or to remove this heading just for the event details but keep it for the blog itself?
thx

Hi There,

To remove this heading just for the event details only, please add this custom CSS under Theme Options > CSS:

.single-mec-events .x-header-landmark {
    display: none;
}

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

great! That fixed the problem. Last thing concerning the calendar:
If I use in the mec seeting “single event style” -> “modern” the following happens:

as you can see, the location paragraph is not at the same height and width like the rest of my event details and it´s overlapping the picture as well. it also appears without any picture as you can see here:

Any advice/css or explanation why this happens?
Thank you very much!

Hi There,

This issue occurs because of the default CSS from MEC plugin:

.mec-single-modern .col-md-4 .mec-frontbox {
    margin-top: -50px;
}

Please try adding this custom CSS to override it:

.mec-single-modern .col-md-4 .mec-frontbox {
    margin-top: 20px;
}

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Thank you very much for your help and your fast ressponses!

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.