Related projects

Hi,

I am in process of redesign my portfolio website using pro.
I want to know the way to add related portfolio items at the bottom of each page automatically. I am including 2 sample pages of different websites that showcases the related projects at the bottom.

This is very basic functionality which is being offered by most of the portfolio themes. I can’t seem to figure it out in X or pro. Can you help me achieve that?

Regards,
Amit

Hi Amit,

This is currently not a feature that is available in Pro so you might have to check for a third party plugin that could show the related posts.

However, I have noted this request and added it to our Feature Request list so that it will be considered in future development.

Thank you.

Can you share any plugin that can I use? I am planning to use essential grid for the portfolio.

Hello Amit,

Thanks for updating the thread.

For portfolio, you can use Essential Grid or The Grid plugin. I am sharing getting started guides that you can refer to get started.

Thanks.

I think you misunderstood me. I know how to use essential grid. I want a way to to showcase random portfolio items… may be 2 or 3 at the bottom of each single portfolio page. I can do it manually on each page but I want an automated solution.

Hey Amit,

Instead of random portfolio items you can show recent portfolio items on single portfolio pages at the bottom automatically by adding the following code in your child theme’s functions.php file:

function recent_portfolio() {
		if ( is_singular('x-portfolio') ) {
  			echo do_shortcode('[recent_posts type="portfolio" count="3"]');
		}
}
add_action('x_before_the_content_end', 'recent_portfolio');

To learn more about recent posts shortcode please see http://demo.theme.co/integrity-1/shortcodes/recent-posts/

Hope this helps!

This would not work. Because it may include the current portfolio item (the current page) too in the recent items.

Hi Amit,

That is the only automated workaround available currently as mentioned above by Jade, your request has been noted and added to our Feature Request list so that it will be considered in future development.

Thank you for your understanding!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.