Registration Modal linkss not working on Pro home Page (cornerstone)

Hi. I am using PeepSo’s registration form on two pages … /about/register (non-cornerstone build) and /home (built with cornerstone. The registration form has two modal popup, one for Terms of Service and the other for Privacy Policy. The modals work on the non-cornerstone /about/register page but not on the /home cornerstone page. Reference site https://mysalus.org. Not sure it has anything to do with latest Pro updates but just noticed this today.

No console errors are thrown in either page. The only difference I can tell is that the [peepso_register] shortcode is in a content area element in cornerstone on my home page. I tried placing the shortcodes in a text element but that id not work. When clicking on the modal links, the page jumps to the top but does not open the modal as it does on the /register page.

Thought?

Thank you

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, try adding it on a Classic RAW Content element.

And I notice a JS code ( jQuery(".btn-mo").prop("disabled",false);) that you added on a Content Area element, please move that to the Page > JS area.

If the issue persists, please do a testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Thank you for this. I tried the content in the raw element. the modal popups work. But, the rest of the page layout was destroyed, so reverted back to the content area element. Also tried deactivating plugins and no plugin conflicts identified. The register for with the same code does work on the /about register page also indicating no plugin conflicts.

Also, I looked for the referenced js above and could not find it on the home page by looking at the page source. Could you tell me where you found that snippet?

Ideas on next steps?

Thank you

Hello Thompson,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

I checked the website and in home page I can see lightbox not working but on the registration page it’s working fine upon clicking on Terms and condition, Privacy Policy links. In dev tools I see following error message upon clicking on the links:

Uncaught ReferenceError: peepsoregister is not defined at show_terms ((index):754) at HTMLAnchorElement.onclick ((index):738)

If placing in Raw content element is breaking the page layout, can you please copy the website to staging server and share the login details in secure note for us to take a closer look?

https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-create-staging-environment-for-a-wordpress-site/

Thanks.

Hi Dthom,

I think the problem is integration with the cornerstone, I can’t really tell how that 3rd party plugin works but the cause of the issue is javascript enqueue. And maybe the plugin’s javascript is not properly enqueued or called later that cornerstone’s execution.

And the missing data required for it to work is in the secure note. You can try adding that to your home page’s custom javascript section to see if it’s going to work.

Thanks!

Rad, thanks so much - that worked! Much appreciated. I will follow-up to PeepSo also.

On behalf of my colleague, you’re welcome. Cheers! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.