Redesign Posts index page

Hi. In response to a design agency’s mockup for my client, I must redesign the Posts index page. I need a right sidebar, but it must behave as a right-aligned DIV, in that there will be content flowing below it.

Assuming I have at least 6 posts, the first two on the page will be in a single column on the left, with the “sidebar” on the right. Posts #3 and #4 will be in a single row, with #3 to the left and #4 to the right. #5 and #6 will be on the next row. These two rows will span the width of the page. The right border of the “sidebar” will line up with the right border of Posts #4 and #6.

I am looking at VIEWS/GLOBAL/_INDEX.PHP and cannot figure out how or where to accomplish this design goal.

Any ideas? Thank you.

Hi @SwissArmyKnife,

What you are trying to achieve could only be possible with custom development, but this would be outside the scope of support we can offer. You may wish to consult a developer to assist you with this. X is quite extensible with child themes, so there are plenty of possibilities.

You might want to try Essential grid plugin Variable columns.

https://www.themepunch.com/essgrid-doc/essential-grid-documentation/

Thanks for understanding. Take care!

I expected this to be the case. I will talk to my client and see if they want to spend the money on custom development. Thanks for your rapid reply, Paul. We can mark this as ‘closed’.

You’re most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.