Recreate Single Post Styling (Columns, Specifically) for Pages

Forgive me in advance for any terminological confusion, but I’ll try to be as precise as possible.

I am using the Ethos stack and the default single post has its content in a container, if I’m not mistaken, but the right side of the post — the sidebar — isn’t confined to a container.

I’d like to achieve the same visual look on pages where my right column uses a different color background to differentiate that section from the rest of the content. The problem is if I use the container page template, there is blank space (margin?) between the edge of the right column and the screen. But if I don’t use the container template, the content starts far too far left. I’d like to keep it aligned with the logo, like in the blog default post.

I don’t even mind using the container, if that’s easiest, if there’s a way to make the background color of the marginal space match the column.

Hi,

To contain your content, you need to turn on Inner Container of your Row Element

Right, but I don’t want to do that because then there would be white margin outside of the different colored column, which is visually unappealing, especially on mobile. What I’m looking to achieve is a way to keep the left column aligned as if in a container without creating the blank margin.

This is done in the stack’s Single Post, I just don’t know how exactly to replicate it without a sidebar. Using a sidebar also isn’t an option for what I need to do.

Hi,

What you are trying to achieve will require custom development which is outside the scop eof support.

The only way to achieve that without custom code is to use sidebar.

1. Select a Content Left Sidebar Right template for your page

1. Create New Sidebar under Appearance > Sidebars and assign that sidebar to your page.
  1. Add contents to your newly created sidebar under Appearance > Widgets. The same content that you have added to your right column.

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.