Recent updates to Theme X

Hi
I recently updated Theme X to the latest version. For some reason, the recent update completely jumbled my site. Please advise

Hello @Pichhadze,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

I checked your website and I am sharing my observations below:

1. I see that website is using X Theme version 6.0.4 and Cornerstone 3.0.4. You said in the ticket that website was updated to the latest version. Does that mean that you have rolled back to a earlier version reason being as of today the latest version of X Theme is 6.2.5 and Cornerstone is 3.2.5.
  2. I can see that there are few issues with the layout. Upon further checking the website I see that the renew.css file is not present on the server. I am getting following error message Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://www.knowledgeobserver.com/wp-content/themes/x/framework/css/dist/site/stacks/renew.css?ver=6.0.4. And that’s the reason why you are facing layout issues.

Now here’s couple of solutions that you can consider:

1. First, I would suggest you to update X and Cornerstone to the latest version. You can follow the instructions mentioned in following docs to get started.

2. You also have the option to upload renew.css file by downloading X Theme package and then copy the file from /framework/dist/css/site/stacks/ and then upload under /framework/css/dist/site/stacks/ using FTP programs like Filezilla and that should fix the layout issue. To get started with Filezilla, please take a look at following article.

https://www.tipsandtricks-hq.com/how-to-use-filezilla-with-wordpress-8956

_After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.-

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Many thanks for the prompt reply :-).

The site seems to be working almost fine. The only issues are (I) the paralex areas on the various pages of the site, and (ii) the lighthouse effect of the popup video does not seem to work (see for example the watch into video link at this page http://www.knowledgeobserver.com/scholabrate/)

Please advise

Hi @Pichhadze

I’ve checked your website and I can see the lightbox and parallax background features are working just fine, please check this video screencast:

Try to clear your browser cache and recheck this issue, also you can try using Chrome Incognito mode for testing.

Thanks.

Super. Thank you. :slight_smile:

You’re most welcome!

One observation. I just noticed that the paralex and the lighthouse effects do not work on Chrome (both regular and incognito modes). Other browsers seem to work :frowning: Please advise.

Hey @Pichhadze,

Like @Alaa, the Parallax and Lightbox are also working fine on my end (see secure note).

Please check if your browser’s up to date and if you’re using browser extensions, please deactivate all of them temporarily to test.

Thanks.

hi … i am unable to see the last link you sent via secure note. can you please resend … also do you have suggestions re background video comment. thanks

i followed the suggestions … does not seem to work unfortunately … any ideas?

@smashbeatmedia, looks like you’re in the wrong thread. The lightbox works on your site, the background video is displayed in full-width as well.

@Pichhadze, would you mind providing a screen recording? Are you referring to the first section? Because that section has no parallax. But, the bottom section’s parallax works okay, as well as the lightbox. Just in case we’re wrong, a video recording will help us to get to the correct diraction :slight_smile:

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.