Recent Posts Not Visible

Hi there,
Recent posts have suddenly gone invisible. I was first using the Recent Post classic element. Yesterday, it was visible in the editor but stopped showing live. I swapped it with a shortcode for the exact same result.

Caching probably isn’t the issue because other changes are shown live. Does purging cache affect recent post data?

Your input is appreciated.

Hello @chadfahlman,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

No, purging cache doesn’t have any effect on Recent Post data. Please try out following general solutions.

1. Please make sure that you are running PHP 7 or later on the server as running old version of PHP can have potential issues. You can refer following document for server requirement https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/1
  2. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.
  3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  4. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

If nothing helps, please give us WP Admin and FTP access in a Secure Note.

Thanks.

Thank you. I followed each step and have determined that Woocommerce caused the issue. There are products and recent post shortcodes on the front page. I don’t want to compromise. Is there a way to fix this?

Hey Chad,

What WooCommerce version you’re currently using? There’s currently a known conflict with the latest version (3.3.1). The latest compatible version is 3.2.3.

If that is not the case, please give us WP Admin access in a Secure Note. It would be best though that you copy your site to a staging server so your live site stays operational while we troubleshoot in staging.

Thanks.

Hi there,
I’m using 3.3.1. It’s a shame that Woocommerce can’t be updated. I’ll roll Woocommerce back if I have to but is there no other way?

Regretfully, there is no other option. But, I have just received news that the WooCommerce template updates will be included in the next release of X / Pro. Please stay tuned.

Thank you for understanding.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up. I’ll roll back to 3.2.3 and await an update.

You’re most welcome.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.