Recent post strangely long

Hey,

when i put the recent post item on a page. There is the image and postdate and no excerpt but a very long white space. Like double as high as the image is high.

Where does this come form and how can i remove it?

Hello @conte,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Actually the spacing is coming from a custom code that’s added on your website. Here’s the code:

.page .entry-wrap, .single-event .entry-wrap {
    min-height: 1060px;
}

Please add following CSS under Pro > Theme Options > CSS:

.x-recent-posts .entry-wrap {
    min-height: auto !important;
}

Thanks.

thanks so much. works great.

i added the CSS to get the footer to always stay on bottom. Is there a better/cleaner way?

and do you know why the scrolling is do delayed? I have to scroll once or twice until it starts to move down.

Overflowing content can cause a double scrollbar and in your case, it’s the bottom separator of your last section. Please disable the bottom separator.

As for the fixed footer, please remove all the codes posted in this thread. A simple way to push the footer down is to add a tall Gap element for pages with little content in order to simulate long content and avoiding conflicts like you’ve experienced.

If you want a sticky footer, you can use the Header Builder’s Bottom Header. For more details about the Header and Footer Builder usage, please see https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/pro-header-and-footer-builder-introduction/103

I’ll show you a better custom CSS solution that is simple and avoids conflict with other selectors but please note that this is only a guide. Issues that will arise from the use of this nor further enhancements will not be covered in our product support. You still need to remove the codes provided previously.

Here’s the code:

.x-main::after {
    min-height:50vh;
}

Adjust 50 depending on the height of your header and footer.

Hope that helps and thank you for understanding.

i dont see this option

Hello @conte,

To resolve your issue easier wherein make sure that the footer will always stay at the bottom especially if you only have a smaller content, please add the following CSS code in the X > Theme Options > Global CSS (http://prntscr.com/evui3r)

@media(min-width: 768px){
  .x-main {
    min-height: calc(100vh - 165px);
  }
}

165 pixels is the total height of your header and the footer.

We would loved to know if this has work for you. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.