Recent Post Excerpt Not Working

I’ve used the instructions here in my Child theme’s PHP file, and also made sure the most recent post actually has an excerpt. As far as I can tell, I haven’t done any CSS to hide it from view.

The url is here: https://mhdigitalgroup.com/blog . The post at the top is the one that should have an excerpt

Hello Rob,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Please take a look at the solution mentioned in following ticket to show excerpt in recent post:

Thanks.

Updated to add that to my child theme, didn’t work.

Hi Rob,

You need to also pass the following parameter show_excerpt="true" through your shortcode to work.

For example, please try the following and it should work.

[x_recent_posts type="post" show_excerpt="true" count="3" orientation="horizontal"]

If not, please provide us with your WordPress credentials along with your FTP credentials to investigate your issue further.

Thanks!

added it to the reply above

Hi Rob,

Your WordPress login credentials are invalid.
ERROR: Invalid email address.

Your FTP credentials connected to the server, but I don’t see any files in the server.

Could you please confirm with the correct information, so that we should be able to look into your issue further.

Thanks!

sorry, try these:

Hello Rob,

Regretfully the FTP details is not working for us.
Could you please double check it?

We will be waiting for your response. Thanks.

Apologies for the delay, the below credentials should get you in. Please let us know if you still encounter issues.

Hello Rob,

I have checked your functions.php and it is correct. The recent posts element should display the excerpts now.
When I checked your blog page, I can see the excerpts already.

Please clear your site cache, plugin caches and browser cache. You may need to use private browsing mode and test your site again.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.