Recent Post Element Problem

Hi,

My Website: www.dive-ambon.com

I’ve entered the Recent Post element onto my Home Page. It perfectly displays in Cornerstone, but incorrectly in all browser.

Screenshot of perfect display in Recent Posts in Cornerstone:

Now a screenshot from all browsers (both on my PC and others)

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi There,

Your website is under construction.

Would you mind providing us with your admin account(by clicking on the Secure Note button at the bottom) so we can take a closer look?

Thanks.

Secure Note created

Hi There,

I can not replicate this issue on my end, even though I’ve used your page template. This seems to be something on your setup. Please do a testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

Hi,

Thank for the reply. So if you look at the live page, not in Cornerstone, it looks ok?

I’ve disabled plugins (except the ones offered as part of the theme) and it makes no difference…it still displays correctly in Cornerstone, but not on the webpage

Hi,

Can you try re-installing PRO theme.

The recent post element is displaying fine across my test sites so it’s something in your set-up that is causing it.

Thanks

Is there anything i should be aware of before re-installing? I’ve done a lot of customisation.

The recent post element is displaying perfectly in Cornerstone for me, just not in my browsers when viewing it out of Cornerstone.

Please view the page directly, www.dive-ambon.com - password is in the Secure Notes above

Hi There,

Do you mean customization from the Customizer? That should be fine.

You can do the Manual X Update Via FTP guide provided here to make sure to keep your settings untouch and to save you from switching to default theme that might re-set your menus and sidebars.

You can follow that guide even though it is talking about x, just substitute x with pro and you can get the latest pro.zip from your dashboard here in APEX.

And since you’re now using PRO please delete the X theme that is installed on your site, to avoid conflict.

Lastly, clear your caching plugins and browser’s cache after re-installing.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Thanks for the reply.

Just tried all that. No difference. Still displaying correctly in Cornerstone on my PC, but not correctly when visiting the page directly. I’ll find another solution/plugin.

Thanks

Hi There,

I can see you are now using Carousel Horizontal Posts Content Slider plugin. Just let us know if you want us do dig further regarding this issue.

@Lely

Thanks for the reply.

I would love to dig further, as I prefer the built in Recent Post Element aesthetically. I have added the element to the Resort page http://dive-ambon.com/hotel/ where it really seems to have messed the page up, if viewed normally.

Hello There,

The recent posts element seem broken in your installation. I created a test page here: http://dive-ambon.com/an-x-test/
It shows that something in the code messed up the layout. We would like to investigate further. Could you provide us ftp so that we can check for any corrupted files in your Pro theme?

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank you. As this is a complete re-write of my old site I did import my old blog posts from my old site. I wonder if that’s it? But I’ve wouldn’t know what to look for.

I have moved the misbehaving element to a new page: http://dive-ambon.com/demo-home-2/

Secure Note contains FTP access info:

Hi there,

I checked and compared your codes and it’s the same on my end, there is no wrong about it but the issue is about recent posts having </article> without <article>, hence breaking the layout. But I don’t see that issue from the codes so it might be from the cache, I also exported your page and imported in my installation and there is no issue at all.

Would it be okay if you disable your hosting’s cache? https://www.siteground.com/tutorials/supercacher/static_cache.htm or please duplicate your site into stage where there is no cache.

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I have disabled the site’s Static Cache

@iam

Ok, please cancel this request. I’ve come up with another solution.

Please undo the changes you made to the blog pages. It has broken the editing of them. They no longer have the Pro Edit option (which I wasn’t using) and, more importantly, the Visual editing tab is not working (which I was using)

Hi There,

Please clarify what you want to improve on your blog page

Thank you

Was this ever resolved? We just updated our wp-version along with a bunch of plugins (long overdue) and got the very same problem. The page is broken whenever using the “Classic Recent Posts” element. I’m not even sure how to troubleshoot it.

Hi there @StudioRubox,

Thanks for writing in!

The original thread poster never responded back on this topic which meant ultimately the root cause was never found. If you’re having the same issue, please start a new thread and we’d be happy to try and assist you.

Thanks!