Recent Blog Posts on Static Home Page

Hello,

I am using Ethos and would like to have a Static Home Page with some text, a few images, links, etc…

Then, below those, I’d like to show my latest blog posts with the same functionality that they have when “Your Latest Posts” is selected SETTINGS, READING, YOUR LATEST POSTS.

Does this make sense? How can I show these posts below some content on my static home page?

Thanks,

Justin

Hello Justin,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

If you are looking for the Category filter on static home page then it will require some custom development work which falls outside the scope of support we can offer.

However, you can use Recent Post element or shortcode to display latest blog posts and also have the ability to filter blog posts by category. Here’s resource that you can take a look.

http://demo.theme.co/ethos-1/shortcodes/recent-posts/

Thanks.

Is there a way to use the Recent Post Element to show “random” posts instead of only showing the latest?

Also, where do I place the short code if I decide to go that route?

Hello Justin,

Thanks for updating in!

Please be advised that the recent post element were designed to display the latest posts. You will have the option to offset the items or limit the items with the same category. Regretfully it is not designed to display random items as it will no longer be considered recent posts as its name says.

If you want to insert the shortcode, you have to to create a static page by adding a new page, edit this new page in Cornerstone. You can make use of the recent post element which can be found in the elements tab or simply use the recent post shortcode in a text element or content area element.

To know more about how you can do a static homepage and blog index, please check this code: https://codex.wordpress.org/Creating_a_Static_Front_Page#Creating_a_Static_Front_Page

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.