Read more link code not working

Hello -

I’m trying to add a “Read More” link on my category index pages using the same code from this past thread that I’m using on two other sites:

It doesn’t seem to be working for this site. http://zuriappleby.com/category/news/

I’ve looked through my other customizations, but can’t seem to figure out where there is a conflict. I think I may have hidden the three dots that were there before at some point, but I can’t find it. Can anyone tell me what I need to change?

Thanks!

Hey @noizepro,

Since the Read More only works in the Press category. The custom code was probably designed to conditionally work in the said category. The Theme Editor is disabled in your site so I could not confirm that.

Please also note that custom coding is not part of our product support. The custom codes provided here in the forum only serve as a guide. We could not fix nor enhance them so I’d strongly recommend that you use either one of the bundled grid plugins as they allow the creation of custom skins so it’s possible to add a Read More button and achieve more grid designs without custom coding. Please see the items below:

If you wish to continue with custom code, you’ll need to consult with a third party developer moreover that the Read More feature of WordPress was intended to be shown if there is an excerpt and that’s how it works in X.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.