"Read more" cut

Hello,

I don’t want a post to be viewed in its entirety on my home page. How can I insert a “read more” cut with Cornerstone ?

Thank you for your help,

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!

Read More cut is default functionality of WordPress, for that you have to use WordPress editor instead of cornerstone.
We are really sorry but there is no such option in cornerstone for that.
If you can send us a screenshot what exactly you want to achieve here so that we can suggest you better.

Thanks

Hello Basanta,

I have a magazine style site/blog and have chosen to use Ethos 1. My posts are quite long, with paragraphs of text.

I am using the default homepage where the latest posts are displayed. I need to have the titles of the latest posts displayed and a tiny bit of text so that the readers get a feeling of what’s inside the post.

I have not uploaded the demo set because I have 400 existing articles and don’t wish to have everything messed up.

Let me know what are your suggestions for my need.

Thanks,

Hi,

The content are being cut automatically based on your exceprt length.

Please make you have set your home page to display the latest post under settings reading.

Then under Theme Options > Blog you can set the nuber of charaters for your excerpt

Hope that helps

Hi Paul,

This worked out well. It was exactly what I needed.

In case it may help someone else reading this, for the posts fully edited with cornerstone it doesn’t display any text ; I have to enter my text in the excerpt zone (extrait in French, as shown hereafter).

Thanks a lot for your help,

You’re welcome. Glad we could help.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.