(re)introduction of animations - feature request

Hi,

as many have noticed there are no animation controls in v2 elements (columns) because the team is working on something more widespread (thank you!). I created this thread to count one more vote to (re)introduce this feature because one factor for the order of introducing new features is users’ votes so here is another one :wink:

And I think, for just this one thread we can drop “no hijacking rule” and if someone would like animation to appear on v2 element just write +1 one as a reply.

PS. Of course, if it’s not okay, let one of Theme.co helpers correct me/this post.

2 Likes

Hi Michal,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Presently, the new Column does not have a fade option like the previous generation. If this is required, you may want to continue using the old version (see FAQ section https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/release-notes-pro-3-0-x-7-0-cornerstone-4-0/64267) and here’s a related thread that you can follow https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/section-fades-xpro/66624/2

We didn’t include it because it would conflict with an upcoming feature we’re investigating that would add transition state controls to all V2 elements. For example, instead of an entire column, you could fade just a button. Or maybe you want to animate in an entire row? This will most likely be a new set of controls under the “Customize” tab of V2 elements.

Hope this helps!

Thank you @Nabeel for the information.

I know why it isn’t present now, I’m just curoius in which release cycle are you going to introduce the improved version. Is it going to be after Layout builder?

Hello Michal,

Thanks for updating in! Regretfully we do not have an ETA for the Layout Builder or the Fade In animations for the new columns. We also do not have a clue which will be the first to be release. We will forward your inquiry to our developers.

Best Regards.

Hi Michal,

Wanted to chime in and let you know this is a high priority feature request for us. It will most likely be part of the Layout Builder update.

2 Likes

themeco, I’m lov’ng you! :smile:

Im also waiting for this feature. It gives life to a website :smile:

1 Like

Waiting for this feature as well. Hope it pops up soon!

In the meantime, do you have any kind of css recommendations for folks who would like to add fade in animations to columns?

1 Like

Hi Katie,

I’ve added your request, in the meantime, you might want to check out our Creative Columns series video on our Youtube Channel.

Creative Columns (Part 1)
Creative Columns (Part 2)
Creative Columns (Part 3)
Creative Columns (Part 4)
Creative Columns (Part 5)

Thanks,

2 Likes

Gotta chime in here to throw one more upvote on the pile. I’ve had to resort to Divi and Slider Revolution for various animation/transition effects. I even created a Webflow account just to test out their animation engine, and am even considering paying the monthly fee just to be able to export the code into Pro (their animations/transitions are excellent), which is simply sad.

For people who want very basic animations (not transitions), CSS Hero Animator is a free plugin you might find useful.

Themeco, I love you guys. I’ve been with you for yeearrsss. But the dev cycles are incredibly slow, and you’re falling behind the competition. I’m loyal, but I’m having to do serious backbends to keep Pro the cornerstone (haha) of my websites, and I pay more for Pro than I did for a lifetime license of Divi.

I love your pursuit of excellence, and it shows in your deliverables, but maybe the team needs to be expanded? I’d go to a subscription model if it’d help.

I’ve almost deleted this several times, because I am not trying to be mean, but I feel like it’s better for you to hear it than not… Love you guys!

1 Like

Hey Philip,

Thank you for your feedback. We welcome constructive criticisms so do feel free to comment. I’ll forward this to our development team.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.