Re-instaling an older version of WP Bakery Visual composer

Hi I’m having real issues doing work on my business site as I visual composer is not working anymore. Through the helpful people on here it seems that with the X theme update 5.1.1 the visual composer is not compatible? Its not working anymore so I can’t do any front end editing. Should I use version a past version? I currently have Version 5.1.1 of that plug in and when I try to update it just keeps saying:

WPBakery Visual Composer: Update package not available.

How do I install an older version? I know I’m missing something obvious !

Thank you in advance
Beth

It’s ok I used wp super cache and now it updated! Alls good!

It’s not good, I updated but I still can’t use it - how do I install an older version?

Thanks,

Hi Beth,

It is always best to used compatible version which is what you currently have. As much as we always want to use updated version for bundled third party plugins, we still need to do compatibility test. Update package not available error will occur if you are updating to a version that is not yet compatible with the theme. Please ignore the update notice at the moment. Also as stated here, frontend editor works with the Visual Composer native elements. The front end editor is tailored to Visual Composer, and as such we’re unable to provide in depth support for it. Most themes that offer extensive Visual Composer integration disable this, as it increases complexity for how shortcodes are handled. It also forces the theme to use a particular grid system that we feel is not ideal.

If you experience the same issue again, try using the backend editor.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for your reply. I’m happy to use the backend editor instead and it will not let me update visual composer to the most recent. I’m just quite surprised I thought visual composer was part of the x theme I didn’t realise it was a third party plug in. Has this changed? When I first started creating the site working with x was new to me and I really felt like the whole visual composer was part of the package so I’ve sort of got used to using it!! I’m sure I’ll get used to cornerstone also!

Thank you for your time.

Hi there,

You are correct. At first, the Visual Composer was the main builder of the theme, but after some time we encountered many problems using that plugin and decided to implement our version which can be maintained by us better as we coded that.

That is why we introduced the Cornerstone. It is highly recommended that you get used to Cornerstone as there will be a new version with V2 elements soon which will give lots of extra options.

Thank you.

Thank you I will have to do so (when I can find the time! ) In the mean time is it possible for the x theme to update the plugin to 5.2.1 so I can just edit what I need to? When I select edit with corner stone the page elements are not there and it’s like it wants me to re-build the page from scratch which at the moment I don’t have time to do. I’m sure you can see my frustration.

Thank you for your reply I appreciate the help

Hi there,

We will do our best to update the Visual Composer with the changes needed to be compatible with our theme as soon as possible. But unfortunately, there is no ETA at the moment regarding this.

Kindly read the last section of the article below to know more about the policy we have regarding bundled Visual Composer plugin:

Thank you for your understanding.