Questions about cloning an X theme site

I apologize if my specific questions have been addressed already. I spent some time on the forum searching, but I was unable to find what I was looking for.

I run a membership site that I would like to clone for a client. I would like to create a new domain for this client and clone all of my content to this new domain. This part I believe I understand. I need to purchase a new x-theme licence for the new domain, back up my current site (using one of several available plugins) and load the backup file on the new domain using the same plugin.

A big feature of the membership is access to a section of the blog. The blog posts are created with Cornerstone. Is there a way to publish a single blog post on my current site, and then publish that blog post on the other site as well? Ideally, I do not want my client’s visitors to be linked back to my own site, and instead have all of the links work internally on his own site. And I do not want to have to create each blog post twice, once on each site, because it would take too much time, and new blog posts are published daily.

I hope I am explaining this issue clearly. Please let me know if there’s a way to do this, or if I need to abandon Cornerstone and start creating the posts in a more simple text format, as I know there are options for cross-site publishing outside of Cornerstone. I’ve grown quite accustomed to Cornerstone, and I would like to keep using it if at all possible.

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate any advice you could offer.

Hi there,

Unfortunately there are no option to have cross site publishing using Cornerstone. The first time migration as you mentioned can be an easy task following the steps below:

But after you migrated there is no way to add a post in one site and publish it in another using the Cornerstone. I am also unaware if the cross domain publishing methods will or will not work with Cornerstone, but as the Cornerstone has it’s unique set of options and the unique way of storing information in the database it will be most probably not possible.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.