Question- wanting to utilize portfolio style filters but all my content is in post format

Hi, I have spent quite a bit of time searching to see if this is possible ( it may not be). On my site,I have all my work entered as posts with galleries, I am very happy with the way they look now. I would like to utilize the filtering capabilities that are native to portfolios.

1. when I add a portfolio item it automatically has a very ugly sharing box at the bottom - even when I remove the share urls- there is still a blank box.
    I can’t figure out how to create a template for a portfolio page or to force it to use the layout that my posts are using- I don’t even know how to locate the template that my site uses for my posts. Which I am very happy with - (I add the sharing shortcode manually now - would love to have it autofill cleanly at top but not a problem if I cannot.)

I do not use cornerstone for posts at all- just regular WP backend.

my website is carladawnbehrlenyc.com and if you look under “Bespoke” you will see the archive of the all current posts that I would love to be able to filter more aesthetically - like the portfolio filter works.

Right now they are only placed in 2 categories- menswear and womenswear, since they have been entered as posts. Visually I am happy, I don’t want visible tags on the posts. I would just like to add the good looking filter function - and then if I have to, switch the posts to portfolios. is this even possible do you know?

If this is Not easily possible how would I fix the search results to look EXACTLY like my archive pages, now they are very ugly with large blurry pictures and look nothing like rest of site.

TIA, I will check back in tomorrow.

Hello There,

Thank you for the very detailed post information.

1.) Regretfully the sort filter button is only available for the portfolio. This feature is not available in the archive pages such as the category page.

2.) If you want to totally remove the sharing box in the portfolio items, please add the following CSS code in the X > Theme Options > Global CSS (http://prntscr.com/evui3r)

.single-x-portfolio .x-entry-share {
    display: none;
}

3.) The portfolio page template is exclusively used to display portfolio items. You cannot use it to display your post items. To know more about the page templates in the theme, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/features-page-templates/50/1

4.) The post items is using the default post template. No other post template is available.

5.) To remove the post tags in your post items, please go to X > Theme Options > Blog > Content and turn off the Post Meta.

6.) And finally to have masonry layout for your search results just like the archive pages, please do following steps below:

• Using Notepad or TextEdit or Sublime Text or any text editor, please create a new file in your local machine.
  • Insert the following code into that new file
<?php

// =============================================================================
// VIEWS/GLOBAL/_INDEX.PHP
// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Includes the index output.
// =============================================================================

$stack = x_get_stack();

if ( is_home() ) :
  $style     = x_get_option( 'x_blog_style' );
  $cols      = x_get_option( 'x_blog_masonry_columns' );
  $condition = is_home() && $style == 'masonry';
elseif ( is_archive() ) :
  $style     = x_get_option( 'x_archive_style' );
  $cols      = x_get_option( 'x_archive_masonry_columns' );
  $condition = is_archive() && $style == 'masonry';
elseif ( is_search() ) :
  $style     = x_get_option( 'x_archive_style' );
  $cols      = x_get_option( 'x_archive_masonry_columns' );
  $condition = true;
endif;

?>

<?php if ( $condition ) : ?>

<?php x_get_view( 'global', '_script', 'isotope-index' ); ?>

<div id="x-iso-container" class="x-iso-container x-iso-container-posts cols-<?php echo $cols; ?>">

<?php if ( have_posts() ) : ?>
      <?php while ( have_posts() ) : the_post(); ?>
        <?php if ( $stack != 'ethos' ) : ?>
          <?php x_get_view( $stack, 'content', get_post_format() ); ?>
        <?php else : ?>
          <?php x_ethos_entry_cover( 'main-content' ); ?>
        <?php endif; ?>
      <?php endwhile; ?>
      <?php x_get_view( 'global', '_content-none' ); ?>
    <?php endif; ?>

</div>

<?php if ( have_posts() ) : ?>
    <?php while ( have_posts() ) : the_post(); ?>
      <?php x_get_view( $stack, 'content', get_post_format() ); ?>
    <?php endwhile; ?>
    <?php x_get_view( 'global', '_content-none' ); ?>
  <?php endif; ?>

<?php endif; ?>

<?php pagenavi(); ?>
  • Save the file named as _index.php
  • Upload this file to your server in the child theme’s folder wp-content/thems/x-child/framework/views/global/

You will have to create the folders since the folder path does not exist in your child theme.

Please let us know how it goes.

want to verify that pathe is wp-content/thems/x-child/framework/views/global/

and not wp-content/themes/x-child/framework/views/global/

Thanks

I did it - but it did not change anything (attaching screenshot). Have cleared cache- nothing happened- I also do not want either posting date or comments showing on search results

Let me know please if what I did was right or not- I double checked that everything copied matched what you supplied.

Hey There,

Sorry for the typographical error. It should be wp-content/themes/x-child/framework/views/global/.

To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your dashboard so that we can check your settings.

Thank you in advance.

Hi there,

You placed it under

wp-content/x-child/wp-content/themes/x-child/framework/views/global/_index.php

It should be just like

wp-content/themes/x-child/framework/views/global/_index.php

Or if the path wp-content/themes is confusing, then it should be just like /x-child/framework/views/global/_index.php within Wordpress’ themes folder.

Thanks!

Ok I will look into that and let you know how it works

Ok… that sorta worked!

I am attaching a screen shot- since it is hard to explain how it is kind of appearing in 2 layers he top one more or less looking in the correct format- the lower one still big images very odd! Guess you can try search yourself and see what you get . - I cleared all caches too.

I tried another search - it looks better - please search pants, then try vest - both results look different one has underlay - one does not.

Hi @cdbehrle

To allow us investigating this issue safely on your website, then please provide us with your server FTP login details in a “Secure Note”.

Thanks.

Hi @cdbehrle,

I checked the case and found out that the items that are of a product type do not follow the isotope rules. Isotope is the Javascript library which we use to make that masonry look you see now in the search result because of the custom code is given to you by my colleague.

I did try best to be able to bring that item to the isotope system, but unfortunately, it is not possible, and those are all generated by the Woocommerce itself.

If you go to X > Theme Options > JS you will see the code I used to make this work but I failed.

As this is a complete customization request it is outside of our support scope, you will need to contact a developer to do the customization for you.

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.