Question About Pro

Hello,

I want to talk to someone about getting a refund on my pro theme. I decided to buy it because the advertisements and what everyone was saying about Pro was really amazing and I really wanted to build myself a website with Pro.

I’ve spent months trying to build my website however I get stuck with every little thing because I have no experience in building websites. I struggle for hours at a time to try and position things such as text and photographs but then when I load my website on another tab everything is positioned differently to how it is on the editor.

I don’t enjoy using Pro at all because I spend most of my time trying to fix issues which involve website specific skills and coding and stuff which I have absolutely no idea about. Bluehost is really good because they have a 24/7 online chat support however when I try and search google for answers I can never find what I am looking for and if I do, the advice given does not match up with the settings and options I have.

I need to speak to someone about how I can resolve this issue because this is really difficult for me and feel as though I have thrown my money away by purchasing Pro because I do not understand any of the design elements or how anything on Wordpress works.

Kind Regards,
Miffy Purslow,

Hi Miffy,

Thanks for reaching out. I know it can be intimidating and frustrating if you’re unfamiliar with WordPress or designing a website. Of course, there is a learning curve, and we would love to help you with that.

The good thing is that there is a lot you can achieve without coding knowledge, and a number of resources that can help to give you a steer on what works well and what does not. You absolutely do not need to be a professional in order to put together a great looking site.

Since you said that you’re not sure how things with WordPress, getting to grips with the basics would be a good place to start. I’d recommend that you take a look at https://www.wpbeginner.com/start-here/ as this is a great resource and has a lot of free articles that explains in simple terms how WordPress works.

Once you’re a little more familiar with WordPress, a good next step would be to consider the basics of a good looking site from a design perspective. Here is an article that gives you a few short, key points that is worth reading: https://99designs.co.uk/blog/tips/web-design-basics-guide/.

Then once you feel more confident about the underlying tech and have a clearer direction on the design basics, it’s probably time to spend a bit more purposeful time with Pro. We’re giving our knowledge base an overhaul right now as part of a site-wide redesign we’re doing, but our existing KB is here: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/knowledge-base-overview/287

Now you also mentioned that you’re having some specific issues with things being positioned differently in the editor than on the live site. That’s something that doesn’t sound quite right, so we should try to figure out what is causing that. Can you can us some more details about it? For example, does that always happen, or just a certain page?

Could you please try following our general troubleshooting guidelines below and see if you can isolate the issue. Most possible causes are due to caching or plugin conflicts. You can also check your PHP version and memory limit with BlueHost.

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Go to X/Pro > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services. If you don’t know what that is, just ignore this one.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the Theme Options or Child Theme and test the case.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User Name/Password of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post and we’ll take a closer look.

Once again, I’m sorry that you’re having difficulties. We’re unable to provide a refund at this stage, but our team is at your disposal to assist. There are also a couple of Facebook user groups with members who may be willing to advise or assist, if you wanted to explore that route.

Matt

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.