Putting revolution slider on top of activity feed

hey. The Activity Feed seems to have taken over the page. I would like to know how to put a revolution slider on the top of that page. Surely the great technomancers of The Apex have seen this before?

(as if I could just choose it on the page level below the masthead)

Hey @Peter_Fae,

Please give us the URL of your activity feed page so we could check if it’s possible to add Slider Revolution in there.

Thanks.

thanks

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in! Because this requires a template change, I’d advise that you setup a child theme. This allows you to make code changes that won’t be overwritten when an X update is released. After your child theme is setup, please review how we recommend making template changes in Customization Best Practices.

Then copy the file wp-header.php which is located under “x\framework\legacy\cranium\headers\views\ethos” into the respective location of the child theme “x\framework\legacy\cranium\headers\views\ethos/“.

Then you can edit the file wp-header.php using a text editor then add the revolution slider shortcode above the post carousel or use above masthead revolutions slider.

Hope that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

a bit confused at this. I only want the revolution slider BELOW the masthead on the ‘Activity-Streams’ page of buddypress, not all over the place. I’ve already got the post carousel for that.

as I copy over the wp-header.php file how to specify that it works with the Activity page?

Along those lines, can I change the slider for specific profile pages in buddypress as well?

Hey @Peter_Fae,

Please disregard the previous advice. To output custom content in above the masthead, you can hook to x_after_site_begin action. The next thing is to detect if the page is an activity page and display your slider in the area using the do_shortcode function and your slider’s shortcode. Regretfully, the bp_is_activity conditional of BuddyPress does not seam to work so you will need to hire a third party developer who is an expert in BuddyPress or contact BuddyPress support to know what is the correct conditional. The code should look like this.

add_action('x_after_site_begin', 'slider_above_activity');

function slider_above_activity() {
	if ( bp_is_activity() ) {
		echo do_shortcode('[rev_slider alias="gym-classes"]');
	}
}

Please note that this is not a feature offered out of the box. Issues arising from the use of the guide and further enhancement are outside the scope our support.

Thanks.

THat’s … that’s awesome. However I want it BELOW the masthead, not above.

What is the code for that?
:slight_smile:

Hi There,

Please replace the code with:

add_action('x_after_site_begin', 'slider_below_activity');

function slider_below_activity() {
	if ( bp_is_activity() ) {
		echo do_shortcode('[rev_slider alias="gym-classes"]');
	}
}

Hope it helps

That’s … that’s not working right. I think I’ve got something wrong with the syntax maybe? Here’s the code that buddydev helped me out with that shows the slider above the masthead when I want it below the masthead

function slider_above_activity_directory() {
if ( bp_is_activity_directory() ) {
echo do_shortcode( ‘[rev_slider alias=“intro-story”]’ );
}
}

add_action( ‘x_after_site_begin’, ‘slider_above_activity_directory’ );

what exactly do I change in this code?

Hello There,

To display it below the masthead, you can use this code:

function slider_above_activity_directory() {
	if ( bp_is_activity_directory() ) {
		echo do_shortcode( '[rev_slider alias="intro-story"]' );
	}
}
add_action( 'x_after_masthead_end', 'slider_above_activity_directory' );

We would loved to know if this has work for you. Thank you.

Hello trying to put in this code but where in the code?

<?php // ============================================================================= // VIEWS/INTEGRITY/WP-HEADER.PHP // ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- // Header output for Integrity. // ============================================================================= ?> <?php x_get_view( 'global', '_header' ); ?>
<?php x_get_view( 'integrity', 'global-alert' ); ?>
<?php x_get_view( 'global', '_slider-revolution-above' ); ?>

<header class="masthead" role="banner">
    <?php x_get_view( 'global', '_topbar' ); ?>
    <?php x_get_view( 'global', '_navbar' ); ?>
    <?php x_get_view( 'integrity', '_breadcrumbs' ); ?>
  </header>

<?php x_get_view( 'global', '_slider-revolution-below' ); ?>

<?php x_get_view( 'integrity', '_landmark-header' ); ?>

Hello @olahollsten,

Thanks for writing in! :slight_smile:

Kindly add the code into the functions.php of your child theme, not on the wp-header.php file.

Refer to the tutorials for setting up your child theme:

I advise you to create a separate thread next time to avoid confusion on replies.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.