Purchase Code Has Already Been Registered

Greetings,

I am getting the error message when trying to create a brand new account with a purchase code for a client and am getting this message:

“This purchase code has already been registered. You may have an additional account. If you are unable to locate it, contact us with your purchase code and we can take a look for you.”

I checked my personal account, which I am logged into now, and the license doesn’t appear there so I am not sure what the user name is that the account is under. How do I figure this out?

Update, I tried doing a password reset for the email and, even though it went to the client’s email, when I click on the Reset Password link, it takes me to reset the password for my personal account. And, as I said, that License (Purchase Code) for my client doesn’t show up when I log in to my personal account either. I even tried to register the license on my personal account just to get it going, since I am having trouble creating an Apex account with my client’s info. When I did that, I get the message, “Purchase code could not be added to user account. License already exists for this Envato Market Purchase Code.”

Hi ZACHARY,

Please try logging out from your Apex account before clicking the password reset sent to the email. May I know the client’s email you’re trying to reset the password? Please provide it in the secure note as well with the purchase code and we’ll look into it.

Thanks!

Greetings, I replied via secure note.

Hello Zachary,

I have just checked and the license code you have provided is currently registered to another account with your client’s email. Try to reset the password then ask your client to check their email for the password reset.

Hope this helps.

I already tried using the password reset from their email. It auto-populates with my other account info so I delete the info then manually put in the Client email for password reset, but it doesn’t work. Can you tell me the user name of that account by chance?

Hi Zachary,

That’s the correct email assigned to that purchase code. And the username is the same as that email. Could you try doing the password reset again? Maybe you’re clicking an email that was previously sent and expired.

Thanks!

I finally got in! Now I am having an issue where the X > submenu does not pop out when hovering over it in WP Admin. Also, when I go into pages, the Cornerstone button does not appear so I have no way of accessing cornerstone. I believe I have the latest version of the X-Theme and Cornerstone.

Hi Zachary,

That’s weird, would you mind providing the admin login credentials in the secure note? Then I’ll check the menu issue.

Thanks!

I figured it out. It is actually a glitch that I ran into before with another install. I had to let XTheme automatically install Cornerstone versus me having installed it manually myself. I deleted my version of the install to let it automatically install, now everything works.

Glad it’s working now, cheers! And thanks for sharing :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.