Product Validation Pro

Hi,
I recently upgraded from X to Pro. I cannot validate Pro from my Wordpress dashboard. I get this error:

Could not establish connection. Please ensure your firewall is not blocking requests to theme.co

I have gone through the forums, and have completed testing the site for the following items, as suggested:

My WordPress installation is having a hard time making outbound HTTP requests. I’m using X theme and it makes a request to community.theme.co for setting up automatic updates. Here is the error message I’m receiving:
array(0) {
}
(regarding the &x-verbose flag)
Could you please do the following?
• Ensure my site can reach this domain: community.theme.coYes - downloaded page from python
• Ensure cURL is working, and allow_url_fopen is enabled. – Yes – all copies of php.ini have allow_url_fopen On
• Ensure PHP is configured with the latest CA Root Certificates. Yes – ran sudo update-ca-certificates
• Check into the error message above.- the error appears to be null
Please advise on anything you discover. Thank you.<<

Everything looks to be in order in my Theco Apex account. Please help.

Hello @fevcap,

Thanks for the detailed post information. Would you mind providing us access to your site so that we can check your settings? Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you in advance.

Hello @fevcap,

As it turns out, you are using X 4.0.6 which is still using an older way of validation, the API key. This has been discontinued already. You will have to manually update the X theme instead. I have tried uploading the new version and it failed because of the upload file size limit in your server settings. You will have to increase it to at least 32MB.

Would you mind providing us the FTP login credentials so we can fix the issue?

To do this, you can make a post with the following info:

• FTP Hostname
  • FTP Username
  • FTP Password

By the way, you can check out manual updates in this article:

And you can download the latest version from your dashboard:

Thank you.

Thank you. We are using AWS, and can provide you access after opening up the firewall to your IP address… Can you send me your IP address?

Hi @fevcap,

Since we’re supports from multiple locations and our IP are dynamic, then I’m afraid the IP will just change the time we check this thread again.

Perhaps you can turn off the firewall for a while? Then you can turn it on once we’re done checking.

Thanks!

Hello @fevcap,

We still cannot connect to your FTP using SSH. I would recommend that you edit your wp-config.php file instead add the following lines so that the file max upload will be increased. After that, we will be able to upload the latest version of the X theme.

Please check out this guide here to edit your wp-config.php file:

In wp-config.php, added these lines:
define(‘upload_max_filesize’,‘64M’);
define(‘post-max-size’,‘64M’);
define(‘max_execution_time’,‘300’);

In .htaccess, added these lines:
php_value upload_max_filesize 64M
php_value post_max_size 64M
php_value max_execution_time 300
php_value max_input_time 300

Can you please retry the upload with these changes?
Thank you!

Hello @fevcap,

I already uploaded the latest version of X theme 7.0.2 and Pro theme 3.0.2. The site encountered a fatal error. This could be coming a a plugin or because of the PHP version. Can you please enable the debug mode? You can do this by opening wp-config.php and adding

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

When you revisit the page, you should have some error output describing the issue in more detail.

What do I need to do now? Here it is:
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function cs_compose_values() in /var/www/html/wp-content/themes/pro/framework/functions/pro/bars/definitions/bar.php:23 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/html/wp-content/themes/pro/framework/functions/pro/bars/setup.php(184): require_once() #1 /var/www/html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): x_bars_element_setup(’’) #2 /var/www/html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(’’, Array) #3 /var/www/html/wp-includes/plugin.php(465): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #4 /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/elements/class-element-manager.php(11): do_action(‘cs_register_ele…’) #5 /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/utility/plugin-base.php(248): Cornerstone_Element_Manager->setup() #6 /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/elements/class-element-front-end.php(26): Cornerstone_Plugin_Base->loadComponent(‘Element_Manager’) #7 /var/www/html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): Cornerstone_Element_Front_End->register_sh in /var/www/html/wp-content/themes/pro/framework/functions/pro/bars/definitions/bar.php on line 23

Hello @fevcap,

Please do this:

• Please log in to your FTP and browse to the plugins wp-content/plugins/ folder.
  • Delete cornerstone folder.
  • Log in to your WP dashboard and go to X > Validation. Wait for a few seconds while Cornerstone were automatically installed.

If the automatic installation fails, you can get the latest version of Cornerstone from the link in the secure note below.

Thank you - the validation for Pro worked. Do i need to download Cornerstone?

Hey @fevcap,

Since you are now switching to Pro, you do not need to download or install it. It has been integrated within Pro theme already. If you need anything else we can help you with, don’t hesitate to open another thread.

Regards.

Thank you so much @RueNel!

You are most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.