Product Inventory Saying In Stock when it is not

Hey, We are having trouble with product inventory. I have asked Woo Commerces about the problem and they seem to think it is the theme. We have products that have the option Manage Stock checked but the when the Stock Quantity goes to 0 the product still say it is In Stock till you try to add it to your cart. Then it will send you an error message telling you that the products is Out of Stock. I’m not sure how this is happening. Our site is Outdoordogsupply.com

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! Can you please make sure that you’re using X compatible woocommerce version? You can check the version number from here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195) and download the exact version from the following link (https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce/advanced/).

Also I see that you’re using other 3rd party WooCommerce extensions, try disabling them temporarily and test your issue again.

Also could you please try editing a product that you have this issue and re-save it and see if that resolves this issue. Sometimes if you have updated from a different version, that could cause such issues as well.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

We are using the newest WooCommerce and the most up to date X-Theme. The problem is going to be hard to re do being that it is random products. Also I have edited the products doing this because I am having to go in and change the in stock to out of stock. When I change it mainly it works. It’s when it’s supposed to change on it’s own. Meaning when the product quantity goes to 0. The products should auto change to out of stock. Not wait till you try to add the product to the cart and then it tell you the product is out of stock. When it dose this it still dose not change the product to out of stock on the backend. Do you have any other ideas on how to fix/trouble shout this problem.

Hi,

Can you check the following settings.

Out Of Stock Threshold – The amount of stock when the notification for out of inventory should be triggered (typically 0)
Stock quantity: enter a number for the amount of products you have on hand.
Allow backorders: If you enable this option, that means you allow your customers to purchase out-of-stock items. You have 3 selections: “Do not allow”, “Allow, but notify customer” and “Allow”

For more information kindly refer to the link below

Hope that helps.

Hello,
Ok so I checked the settings you told me to and the Out of Stock Threshold is 0, the Stock Quantity is the number in hand and the Allow Backorders is not checked.

Let me see if I can explain the problem a little better. So we have products we get in that are used we only get a few of them in. When we get them in I add to the products Stock Quantity. When customers go on to our website and buy these product the Stock Quantity for that product goes down. When it becomes zero the product should auto change to out of stock but it is not all the time. It will allow the customer to believe the product is in stock till they try to add it to there cart. After they try to add it to the cart it will pop up that it is out of stock. I’m not sure why it is doing this because the Stock Quantity will be 0 but the Stock Status for some reason stay as In Stock till I manually change it to Out of Stock.

I hope that helped explain the problem better. It’s really driving my customer crazy.

Here is and example : https://www.outdoordogsupply.com/product/refurbished-garmin-dc50-gps-collar/

Hi There,

Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

Thanks!

Not sure if this went threw

Hey @odsadmin,

I see you’re using SG Cache and WP Rocket. I personally know that WooCommerce pages are excluded in caching because it is important that those pages show real time information. I’m not sure about SG Cache. We want to know if this is an issue with X so please do the following:

1. Clear all caches and deactivate all caching plugins. You might need to contact SiteGround for this. After this, check if the issue persists.
  2. Backup your site and switch to the default WordPress theme. Check if the issue persists.
  3. Deactivate all third party plugins. Then also check if the issue persists.

Let us know the results of the 3 steps.

Thank you for your cooperation.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.