Product descriptions stopped showing

Hi,

I just noticed the the main product descriptions on my site are no longer showing. The short descriptions are still showing. What should I do? Thank you

Hey there,

Thanks for writing around! Please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, JavaScript and deactivate your child theme and switch to parent theme.

Let us know if the problem remains!

Hi,

I updated the theme and plugins and I’ve cleared the browser cache but the problem remained. I don’t think I’m using a CDN, but I’m not sure what that is (I’m still learning). I deactivated the most recent plugins but it made no difference.How do I remove custom CSS and javascript? How do I deactivate the child theme and switch to parent? Is it risky to do? Thank you

Hi there,

Thank you for the information. If you do not know about CSS/JS custom code or the Child Theme or the CDN it shows you did not touch them and it is ok then.

Would you please elaborate more and give us more details about the case? Was it showing before and it is not showing now? What did you do to cause the issue? And where do you check for the description?

If you are talking about the single product page please make sure that you go to X > Theme Options > Woocommerce and enable the proper tabs which will show the information:

Also, kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.