Product categories not displayed

In Woocommerce I’ve created two product categories, a handful of subcategories for each of the two, and each subcategory has products assigned.
In Woocommerce Settings-Products-Display to the standard Shop page it is configured to display categories and the subcategories are to display the products.
But as you can see at the Shop page here http://hg-shop.eu/shop/nl/shop/ no categories are displayed but instead all products of all categories.
How can I get it that at clicking at the menu item Shop indeed just the product categories are displayed?

Hello,

I found two articles that will be helpful to you:

1. https://code.tutsplus.com/tutorials/display-woocommerce-categories-subcategories-and-products-in-separate-lists--cms-25479

2. https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/woocommerce-nested-category-layout/

Thank you for those links!
I just got an answer form the latter, where is written about that WooCommerce Nested Category Layout plugin.
He (Ian), wrote, that what I want to display is part of the default behavior in Woocommerce. My settings should display the wanted (top) product categories. Unfortunately, despite those settings, this is not the case.
Because I am not a coder, the first link is ‘abracadabra’ for me. :slight_smile:
I really don’t know what may be causing the above described strange behavior of Woocommerce.

Hi,

It looks like it is being cause by your language plugin.

When I check this url, it is showing the categories.

Regretfully, we cannot provide support for third party plugins or scripts as our support policy in the sidebar states due to the fact that there is simply no way to account for all of the potential variables at play when using another developer’s plugin or script. Because of this, any questions you have regarding setup, integration, or troubleshooting any piece of functionality that is not native to X will need to be directed to the original developer.

Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you for your reply.
The link you checked is the old situation, without subcategories. And without subcategories, so only (parent) categories, all is well. But as soon as I make a hierarchy with parent product categories and subcategories things are displayed wrong. That is why I returned at the link you checked, and also at the German section, to the old situation. Only at the Dutch section, I kept the new situation as I want it… with two parent product categories and subcategories. After the problem in the dutch section is solved I can redo the same in the other two language sections. (See my first link).
So, it is not the language plugin that causes the problem.
I have from 6 people now answers and they all say, it only can be X that causes the problem.

Hi,

Can you check if you have the follwing vcersions.

WooCommerce: | Latest Supported Version: 3.1.1
X Theme: | Latest Supported Version: 5.1.1
Cornerstone: | Latest Supported Version: 2.0.6

Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

All the best!

Yes, all three products have that version number you mentioned.

Hi There,

I can see the issue although, I am not able to check the settings fully. First, can you try to clear cache? Let’s just check if this is not caching issue. Check again after that. Then if the issue persist, would you mind setting wordpress backend in English? We will check settings though it’s best in a language that we understand. Thank you.

Thank you!
In the backend of Wordpress I have clicked at the Top menu the item Peformance-Purge All Caches. But that did not remove the issue. Testing with several browsers at several computers all show the described problem.

OK, I also changed the English section of my shop similar to the Dutch section. I have created there two (parent) product categories and assigned the existing categories now as subcategories to these two ones.
In the backend of HG-SHOP English section you can see that hierarchy in the left menu under Products-Categories.
As you can see at http://hg-shop.eu/shop/shop/ the issue appears again - not the categories are displayed after clicking in the top menu at ‘Bookshop’, but all products of all subcategories…

In the backend you now can choose in the left top menu ‘My Sites’ the English section as you requested.

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! There is no category or categories displaying because you haven’t assign any product to a top level category. I went ahead and assign one product for each category and now it is already showing.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

YES! That helps!
Thank you VERY much.
And be assured, that I will tell all of them who said the problem was my theme, they were wrong AND that a staff member of the X support solved the issue!

You’re welcome!
We’re glad we were able to help you out.