Product background image Cornerstone Bug

I’ve been setting up product descriptions in my website and noticed that when I edit the description of the product using Cornerstone then the page background image changes so that instead of using the website default background image its using another different one.

Here is a product without Cornestone Description:
https://fincadracula.com/product/pleurothallis-maduroi/

And here is one I added the Cornerstone Description:
https://fincadracula.com/product/lycaste-smeana/

Hello @amaduroh,

Thank you for the details.

The second page which was edited in Cornerstone using the page background image. You might have added this in the page itself. Please check your product page settings. To know more about page settings which is where you can find the page background, please check this out:

If nothing is working, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look?

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

Thanks for writing. The product page settings don’t allow to change the background as in other page and post settings.
I did notice that the images that it is showing are coming from post background images ive used.

Hi @amaduroh,

I couldn’t find what causing this but may I know which post this background image came from? I don’t see any post on that page to cause this.

Thanks!

The first product I noticed this happening to was:
Lycaste smeana
and it used the image that came in this post:
PILA

I then created a new product without cornerstone…saved and the preview showed the background was fine. Then I went back to that product, added some cornerstone content and after saving the background had now changed to the one in PILA

Today I tried removing the background associated to PILA and then added cornerstone content to Tolumnia and what happened then was that it grabbed a background from another post: Jardin Budha

Hello @amaduroh,

Please follow up the troubleshooting steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.

2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

3. Switch to the parent theme to check if the issue persists.

If the issue still persists, since your website is a live site. I would recommend that you create a staging site. This is very useful because you can test drive any theme updates in the staging area, do the customizations and troubleshooting without disrupting your live site. Once everything is perfect, you can easily and flawlessly proceed the update in the live site. To know how to create a staging area, please check out these articles:

In your staging area, we can disable all the 3rd party plugins and test your website.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.