Problems with update

Problems with up-date:

1. I am unable to use the new elements which I would like to do. I have deactivated plug-ins to see if there are any issues but nothing changed. I can still use classic elements.
  2. I am having problems with my mobile version. Formatting is all over the place and some of the links such as menu and category items don’t work.

Can you advise please?

Thank you in advance.

Hey There,

I can see an error from the plugin “autooptimize” please try to disable it and see if that resolves the issue.

Hi Rubin,

Thank you, I have deleted Autoptimize which has fixed the menu issues but I am still unable to use the new elements. I can drag an element into the preview pane but can’t add anything to it.

Are you able to help, please?

Jane

Hi Jane,

If you have done the basic troubleshooting already as stated on your initial post, please share credentials on a secure note so we can check.

Hi @Lely,
I have added a secure note to share my credentials. Just to let you know I can add a classic element with no problems but I can’t add one of the new elements and see it in the preview pane. I would like to be able to add the small image you see as a new element and hide it on large screens.

Regards
Jane

Hey Jane,

I created a test page in your site to see the issue rather than editing one of your live pages. There is something causing this in your site but I could not see what as of now. Can you do this?

1. Clear all caches including server and browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

3. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

4. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

If nothing helps, please give us FTP credentials and please note that we might disable third party plugins for troubleshooting purposes so if that could not be done in your live site, you must copy your site to a staging server and we’ll investigate there.

Thanks.

Hi Christian,

I did all of the things you suggested but still nothing. I have added that code into my wp-config.php file, tried deleting all css, turned off CDN, cleared caches and turned off caching and optimization plugins but still nothing.

I will secure message you with credentials.

Regards
Jane

Hi There,

When I first view your site, this is what I see:

screenshot

And as soon as I log-in, the site gives me the correct layout.

screenshot

Not only that, like Rubin said above. I also saw an error coming from Autooptimize, even though like you said above you already deleted it. So that means that your site is still giving us resources that does not even exist anymore.

Most of the time, that issue is related to CACHING, so I did go ahead and Purge your SG Cache. But that did not resolve the issue. I did continue to look around on your plugins and I saw another caching plugin (W3 Total Cache) being deactivated. Deactivating a caching plugin does not mean it will clear its generated cache, so I did activate it and Purge its entire cache as well. And that resolves the issue about the layout. Please clear your browser’s cache if you still see the issue on your end.

But it did not end there, right? because we still have the V2 element not showing issue.

screenshot

We release the V2 element on X 5.2.0 update, but you still have the X version 5.1.1, that means your X and Cornerstone is not compatible. Please update both to the latest version (X 5.2.3 / CS 2.1.4)

Updating Your Themes and Plugins

Remember to clear all caches (plugins, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Hope this helps,
Cheers!

Thank you so much. That has fixed it. I have learned a thing or two in the process also. Awesome theme and awesome support!

Regards
Jane

On behalf of my colleague, you’re welcome. Cheers! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.