Problems with saving with Cornerstone

Hi, I’m having trouble saving changes with Cornerstone. I make changes to a page, and hit save. The green progress bar loads far but never quite reaches “Awesome! Content saved”. If it does save it can take up to 10 to 20 mins to do so (this is for very minor changes, even). I have seen other threads on this topic and have done the following steps:

• Cleared Style Cache
  • Updated MySQL to 5.6
  • Upped the memory limit on wp-config

I have a feeling it can be Sitelock but I’m not sure. I am willing to give access to have someone investigate.

Hello @airconint,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Please follow up the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Go to X > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  7. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

I have updated my post with a secure note.

Thank you,

Hello @airconint,

Thanks for updating the thread.

I checked the website and on my end saving the changes made in Cornerstone is working fine though sometimes it does take some extra time to change simoe edits.

Further checking I see that you are using PHP version 5.6.38. I suggest you to update PHP to at least version 7 to avoid any compatibility issues. Along with that please increase PHP memory limit from 256mb to 512mb. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Ok here are the steps I took:

• updated the PHP version to 7.2
  • upped the memory limit to at least 512MB

Now everything seems to be working fine. Thank you for your help!

Glad to know!

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.