Problems with Ethos 1 Demo

Hi there… okay, so one of the things that is listed in the selling features, is the ability to import/instal the demo content. I literally just purchased this theme, and I’m trying to do this for Ethos 1, and it looks nothing like the demo. no images, all messed up. I’m not quite sure what’s going on. It’s a complete mess. Kinda disappointed right now. How can I get it to look like the demo?

Hi @bluefuze,

Thanks for writing in.

You can check the link below on how to setup demo content. There is also details why the demo content looked like that.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Unfortunately, this doesn’t help. This isn’t just a problem with the images not being part of the demo import.

I’m seeing the layout completely messed up… like the CSS is messed up. I’m seeing the sidebar overlapping the main column, the whole design is left aligned instead of centre aligned, and the featured images are not displaying where they should. Something just seems totally off. I’ve done everything by the book, and even followed along with a YouTube video of a guy installing it (doing the exact same as him), yet it doesn’t work as it should. Frustrated, please help.

Here’s what it’s looking like after a fresh WordPress install, and right after installing the theme, and attempting to import the demo content.

I really don’t think this is something I’m doing wrong… this seems like a broken theme. Something is off.

I would be glad to grant you access if needed.

Hi there,

Would you mind trying to reinstall the theme an import the demo again as some files of the theme might be corrupted.

In case the issue persists, kindly provide us with the admin access and FTP details of your site in a secure note.

Thank you.

I have tried that actually. I deleted the theme, then reinstalled it.

I also tried doing one of the “Expanded Demos” which seemed to work fine. But the non-expanded one is not fine… even with other stacks besides Ethos.

Is there any way you could email me (or provide me a link to) the most current & verified-working theme file(s)?

Also, I have added the FTP info as requested.

I just refreshed the site (it’s 1:41pm Mountain Time) and all of a sudden it’s better. I’m guessing you did something to fix it?

Hello @bluefuze,

Thanks for updating. The demo content on my end looks fine also. I guess there must have been some temporary issues.

Thanks.

So we don’t know what it was? lol, oh my

I for sure thought it was something you did? You guys didn’t do anything?

Hello @bluefuze,

Please understand that we answer tickets from oldest to newest. After my colleague asked for login details, there was two separate replies from your end and ticket went back into the queue. By the time it I checked the ticket, demo content issue was already resolved. And that the reason why I said there must have been temporary hiccups while loading necessary files.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.