Problems with Bakery

Hi,

Since a few weeks my website looks different and it has to do with the Bakery plugin.

By example, at the homepage there used to be a grey background at the right, that is gone. A lot of textblocks are supossed to be centered and are now left outlined.

Can you help me solve this?

I add an old screenshot for you to see the grey background is missing at the home page.

Kind regards,
Mariecke Hilhorst

Hi Mariecke Hilhorst,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please enable Legacy X Integration by navigating to WPBakery Page Builder > General Settings > Legacy X Integration (see screenshot)

Please read Why do my Visual Composer rows and columns look broken after this update? under the FAQ section in our latest Release Notes.

Don’t forget to clear all caches including your browser’s cache after making this change. Let us know how this goes!

Hi Nabeel,

Thanks for your reply!

The Legacy X Integration was already enabled! I cleard all the caches but unfortunatley, the problem is still there!

Kind regards,
Mariecke

Hi Mariecke,

I can’t find any trace of code that indicates it has a background, looks like it’s gone.
May I know what change you did to your site before this happened? Did you update your site, installed new plugins or added a custom code?

Try to contact your hosting provider, they may have a backup of your site for when the background still appears.

Thanks

Hi Paul,

There we’re no changes made at the site when these problems happend. No updates also.

As you can see in my screenshots, there should be a grey background and text should be aligned center but is aligning left. And there are more errors in the site.

Do I need to buil it from scratch without the Bakery plugin?
For example, the Blog page, there is no Bakery available anymore?

Kind regards,
Mariecke

And I have this text in my screen:

Hi Mariecke,

Please ignore that message as VC comes bundled with theme. We’ll be the one to provide the update for the plugin.

Is the grey background the only thing that is missing? You can easily add it back under design options.

Please make sure you have the following version installed as well

Visual Composer: | Latest Supported Version: 5.7 | KB Article164

Thanks

Hi Paul,

Problem is that the Column Setting changed too. Can not pick a background color

I have version 5.7 installed!

Hey Mariecke,

Hope you’re well today.

The original intention of the X Legacy Integration feature is to limit some options of visual composer which are not compatible with X theme. This is necessary because Visual Composer has been supported by X in its earlier versions and there are new features that are not fully compatible with X that is why the legacy integration was introduced.

However, you could decide to have the legacy integration option enabled or not. But, please keep in mind that if the integration option is disabled, some elements that were created previously might render incorrectly on the page.

Now, as for the column options, they should be the same but if the integration is enabled it will change to suite the theme that is why you are seeing less options which is different than the original options the the latest version of Visual Composer.

The version of the Visual Composer and when the text is added can be a factor too.

So in this case, it seems that the content is added in very old days and the Visual Composer is updated and that is the cause of the problem.

If you want to be able to make use of all the options in the latest Visual Composer, you might want to consider rebuilding the pages using the latest version and have the integration disabled.

In case you want to keep the legacy option enabled, you can still add a background color or image to the column but through the style option field. It will take CSS values like: background-color: #efefef;

Hope this explains it.

Hi Jade,

Yes I understand.

But it doesn’t make me happy, rebuilding the site.

I will think about it what to do!

Thanks for your advise

Hi Mariecke,

If you have X integration enabled, you can add your background in the style field.

https://www.w3schools.com/css/css_background.asp

Hope this helps

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.