Problems after updating X

I have updated my X theme and now all of the icons, slider and some of the images are gone… also when i open a page i just see white screen nothing else… anyone know what happens?

Hi Reshad,

Thanks for writing in!

I can see you have w3 total cache installed, please try to clear your plugin cache and browser cache then check again.

With regards to white screen, it is most probably due to a php error. Try to increase your memory limit by adding the code below in your wp-config.php file.

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M');

If that doesn’t help, please enable wp_debug to true in your wp-config.php file.

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

By setting it to true, wordpress will display the php error instead of just white screen.

Thanks

I tried didn’t work…both

Hi Reshad,

Since you are using X, please make sure that you have updated Cornerstone to the latest version as well as it will cause an incompatibility issue if only one of them is updated. Here is a link for a details information on how to do an update:

Please remember to clear all caches when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors or any unexpected display issue on the site.

In case the issue persists, try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If you already did the steps mentioned, please provide us with the admin access to your site in a Secure Note:

Hi Jade,

U have updated everything and also my caches cleared many times…

Let me know what to do next please…

kr,

Reshad

Hello Reshad,

Have you done testing for plugin conflict as well? If you already did, please provide us with the admin and FTP access to your site in a Secure Note:

Hi Jade,

I just had a call with my hosting to check the FTP. if they can’t fix it i will share the logins with you. I will give them a day to get back to me.

Thanks @Reshad.

They have fixed the problem! It was not on X theme side but on the hosting side…

Hi Reshad,

Glad things sorted out on your end, would you mind sharing some details of the issue and what your hosting did to resolve it. It will help others who might find this thread looking for solution on a same problem.

Thanks,

Sure,
This is what they said: __’‘We have investigated the problem with your website. The problem was caused by a corruption in some minifed javascript files. These files are very sensitive to corruption during a migration because they often contain obfuscated php. Unfortunately, this was not noticed in the test.’’_.

BTW: i just see that the problem with getting to cornerstone is still there. When i want to edit a page with cornerstone it keeps on loading… any idea?

KR,

Reshad

Hi Reshad,

In that case, please provide us your wordpress admin login and ftp login in Secure Note so we can further check on this.

Thanks

Hi Reshad,

Upon checking your content builder page, I could see some JS errors:

I did check plugin conflicts but no lucks. It seems the some Javascript files are corrupted.

I would like to replace those files with the files from the my local installation but the username/password of your hosting isn’t correct. Could you please double check?

Thank you.

Hi Reshad,

I have re-installed X theme and Cornerstone plugin on your site, then disabled W3 Total cache plugin. Now your Cornerstone editor is functioning properly.

See secure note below for the screenshot.

Thanks!

Thanks a lot! its working now fine!

You’re welcome :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.