Problems after moving from subfolder to root directory

Hi,

I just moved the site from a subfolder to the root directory. Everything works as i can see it exept from Cornerstone when wanting to edit the Frontpage. If i try to edit other pages i can see and edit the content with Cornerstone, but if i try on the frontpage it shows no content to edit. When viewi the frontpage online i can see the content of the frontpage so no problem there but it’s just not possible to edit with cornerstone. And a gallery from Envira gallery is not showing up as it should.

Possible to get help on this. Urgent as i just moved the site and its live.

Thanks

Hi @gero9mo,

Thank you for writing in, and sorry that you’re having that issue, I still see your logo being requested on subfolder URL. This means that your migration method did not fully succeeded.

If you still have the staging site intact, please redo your migration but this time follow the guide provided here.

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after the migration so that the correct URL is in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I moved the files directly to root and made the changes. I have moved many sites like this before and havent had an issue but i should have taken a look at your guide of course.

I tried to move the site back to the wordpress folder, but the home page is still missing cornerstone as editor, even though all images and everything is in place and possible to edit with cornerstone on all other pages.

Then i tried to recreate the looks of the page by creating a “Home” page wich i will replace with the frontpage that is not working now. But, I cant even find a way to set a background image for a section…It is really hard to use the cornerstone editor for anything other than templates. I find no ways of creating a standard section full width with a bg image…

What i want to ask is if you can help me recreate the frontpage like it looks here:

It’s just a top image, a section with 4 blocks and a envira gallery below. I can fix the envira, but i need to see how you create a section with bg image at least :slight_smile:

I have made a admin account for you to check out this if you can . Secure note added.

UPDATE:

I managed to recreate the frontpage…importing the demo to a new staging site and downloading the template for the frontpage on Icon 3. But ther are some small issues like not being able to see the changes i do to elements when i am in cornerstone editor, even though the changes are made when i save and update. Maybe you can check whats causing this?

Anyways, I am further in the progress towards migrating again using the guide you linked above.

Hello Geir Ove,

I am another staff checking in your issues. I have tried to log in and failed. Can you please disable the WordFence plugin because it is not allowing us to log in again?

Meanwhile, please make sure that your WordPress address URL is the same as your WordPress URL in Settings > General.

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

I had to install the theme from scratch, in the root folder of the site. Everything is now up and running, it looks like :slight_smile:

Will keep this post open untill everything is checked :slight_smile:

Hi Geir,

Yeah, I check your Frontpage and it works fine now. Please, next time follow the migration process provided above, that’s for updating the URL in the database, moving of files from one folder to another is straightforward.

Have a nice day,
Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.