Problems after migration away from GoDaddy

Hello,

I’ve tried migrating from GoDaddy to several different hosting companies (Siteground, Knownhost, Cloudways) to try and get better pricing on SSL, and I get the same problem every time: CPU use goes through the roof, eventually crippling the site. It goes away when I point my DNS back to GoDaddy. Migration on Siteground and Knownhost was done by their “professional” option where they handle the migration, Cloudways by Blogvault.

My question: is this something inside of X as they say below “not well written scripts,” or is this something else? (I don’t have deep admin knowledge at all.)

Any insight greatly appreciated.

From Siteground server admin:

CAUSE OF HIGH RESOURCE CONSUMPTION:

We have conducted a detailed investigation and it turned out that your WordPress executes slow queries towards its database, which eventually hogs the server. The server tries to execute your slow queries while putting other processes in the queue until some memory is freed. While they are waiting however, they stack up and cause further problems. There can be many reasons for slow database queries, but the following 3 are the most common ones:

1. Large database
  2. Not well written scripts
  3. Large number of internal links that query the database directly.

Here are some of the database queries that are slow and consume a lot of server resources:

| 3159048 | pfmentum_wp12 | localhost | pfmentum_wp12 | Query | 228 | Sending data | SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS DISTINCT wp_posts.ID FROM wp_posts LEFT JOIN wp_postmeta ON wp_posts.ID | 0 | 0 |
| 3159265 | pfmentum_wp12 | localhost | pfmentum_wp12 | Query | 175 | Sending data | SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS DISTINCT wp_posts.ID FROM wp_posts LEFT JOIN wp_postmeta ON wp_posts.ID | 0 | 0 |
| 3159345 | pfmentum_wp12 | localhost | pfmentum_wp12 | Query | 156 | Sending data | SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS DISTINCT wp_posts.ID FROM wp_posts LEFT JOIN wp_postmeta ON wp_posts.ID | 0 | 0 |

Hey @jkais,

Our Cornerstone page builder utilizes WordPress’ Post Meta as a storage for the pages’ builder data. It’s possible that the builder data contain URLs pointing to Godaddy and creates the problem when it’s accessed. Please try doing the Migrate Cornerstone Data from Site to Site step from our Migration Documentation first.

If that doesn’t help, there also could be other plugins that do the same. The error you showed us doesn’t directly point to what process or function generates the error. You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If you still have the WordPress files and database from Godaddy, please also try the WordPress standard migration methods suggested in our Migration Documentation. And, do try the standard migration method in other servers as well.

Hope one of the suggestions helps.

Thank you, Christian! I will try these suggestions. It might be a few days till I get to it, but I’ll report back if needed. All the best, Jeff

Let us know how it goes Jeff,

Have a nice day,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.