Problems after migrating my 2 X theme websites to Cloudways hosting

Hi there, yesterday i did migrate my 2 X theme websites hosting to cloudways i was assited by one of your colleagues to do so ! but after completion it seems that the websites have some issues take a look at the screenshots attached. The issues concern the versions of the websites in French and spanish language ! your colleague told me that he will take care of it with his team and needed to send me an uodate about the situatiob but i still didn’t receive any news from him yet ! please assit me to take care of the problems asap as my businesses rely on the french and spanish community

Hi There @elise83

Sorry to hear that you’re experiencing issues after migrating. If you have followed our migration guide here, it should function exactly as it was before.

Even though you have mentioned about screenshots attached, I could not find anything on this thread. You may also use a 3rd party service like this (https://snag.gy/) upload and share your screenshots.

Also we need to links to your reference sites to check your actual issue.

Thanks!

Hi there, i can’t access my X theme websites, What’s happening ? here is my login infos. I have paid everything that needs to be paid and i have transferred my websites to Cloudways hosting as you guys have adviced so what’s going on ?

Hi @elise83

This could be related to broken rules added to .htaccess file, I recommend connecting to both sites via FTP, then rename “.htaccess” file in the root directory to “.htaccess.old” then create a new “.htaccess” file with these default WordPress rules:

https://codex.wordpress.org/htaccess#Basic_WP

Let me know how it goes,
Thanks.

P.S. I’ve moved the login details you shared to a Secure Note, sharing such sensitive information in a regular reply must be avoided as it will be publicly accessible to everyone, I highly recommend that you change these details now.

Hi,

i’m not an expert at all and i will not know to deal with the situation you said, can your team take care of all this even if i have to pay a fee because my customers come directly from my websites so it needs to be handled as fast as possible, thank you in advance for your professionalism

Hi elise83,

We do not have paid services for special support services. We do have a general support which you use as you purchased the theme.

Please consider that the migration of a website is a WordPress related thing and is not related to our theme and page builder products.

You will need to contact the hosting service provider to get help moving the website. The process of moving a website which has our theme is no different from any other website with other themes.

You can read the official moving tutorial of the WordPress here.

We will not be able to move your website to your new hosting as it is outside of our support scope.

Thank you for your understanding.

i did move the website hosting from Xtheme to cloudways but now i can’t access my websites

www.facteursdecroissancemaroc.com
who should i contact ?

Hi @elise83 You should contact Cloudways as they are the ones who have your sites hosted at currently.

Thanks.

i checked with them and they don’t see any issue with the websites on their end. I don’t get it everything was working fine with your hosting until i had to change it to cloudways because of your new policy to not provide anymore hosting but now i’m losing money, lots of it. Is there any backup plan that you can recommend to get back my websites whatever it takes even if i have to change the hosting again from cloudways to another company or change my domain registrar or whatever solutions you have for me

I migrated my site last week. Make sure that your domain name is pointing to your new site and not your old one. Cloudways might have assumed you did this. Also make sure you fix your email if need be as well and have them setup your ssl cert. It took me about a week of speaking with them to get it right. You can initiate chat on their site as many times as you need to. Its a definitely learning curve but they’re pretty helpful

@istandard Thanks for helping out

@elise83 Please make sure your domain is pointed to the correct ip. Kndly refer to the link below

https://support.cloudways.com/how-do-i-take-my-website-live-from-cloudways/

Hope that helps

Hi there,

now everything seems working but my website was ranking 1st on google now it’s not showing up ! is all the SEO work that i have done for my website is gone because i switched hosting ? can you help me with that

Hi @elise83,

The migration should not affect the ranking, plus, the SEO data are still intact. What keyword do you use to search and check the ranking?

All I see are facebook pages in my google search result.

We don’t do SEO optimization, I can’t promise any SEO fixes since the ranking can be affected by many factors and it could change anytime.

Thanks!

when i was writing on google : dentiste tanger or dentiste maroc or orthodontiste tanger i was first on google search my website not just facebook page do you have any idea why my website did disappear after changing the hosting to cloudways

Hi @elise83,

I searched with that keyword and none showing any of your site’s URL. Perhaps it’s due to the country I’m in.

Perhaps the best approach, for now, is contacting google. Does google webmaster tools giving you the SEO errors of your sites? How about re-indexing/submitting them again?

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.