Problem with Visual Composer

I have had ‘x’ installed for quite some time as a developer installed it. I bought my own copy a few months ago. I had no issues at all.
I find now though that there is no content on certain parts of the page where wp-composer was used. If I disable wp-composer I get the content, along with short code and messy visuals.
I first contacted wp-composer and they said this:
“The X theme uses an highly modified version of visual composer. If you create an online demo here: https://vc.wpbakery.com/try/ you will find that latest version of our standard plugin does not have any issue. Since the plugin was originally modified by the theme author, it’s update causes an issue with existing content. The issue with any new page is because there is a related code present in the theme which was meant to work with the modified version and causes an issue with the standard version. As suggested earlier, you need to contact the theme author and check if there is any way to preserve the customization done by him with the latest version, so that such an issue can be avoided at your end. We hope this explains it in a better way.”
Would somebody please advise?
Thanks.

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

What version was installed? It could be a version gap and the formatting of old content doesn’t work in the new version. But I like to check it first, would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

All the best!

Hi,
Have set a secure note.
Thanks.

Hey @Shear_Ease,

Would you mind give us the URL of the page that you’ve built with Visual Composer? I also did not see Visual Composer installed in your site. Please install it again in X > Overview. Please also see how Visual Composer is used in X.

Thanks.

Sorry, I realized I have responded to the wrong post!
This is an old post that is no longer relevant!

That’s okay :slight_smile: , let’s discuss it with your other post/thread. Thanks!