Problem with the content width when X integration is disabled

Hey there,

Let me start from the very beginning.
I’m using PRO (2.0.4.) and Visual Composer. Yes, VC now has some fancy new name but I never remember it. For a new project I needed to install a VC addon that I had not tried with PRO before. I’ts called Ultimate Addons. A most popular VC addon ever on envato with almost 50 000 sales.

All was fine before I started to build the content but when I did, WOHOOO, there was a conflict between Ultimate Addons and PRO version of VC. As I really-really needed some Ultimate Addons stuff, I decided to dump the VC X-Intergration.

After disabling VC X-Integration, Ultimate Addons worked well and a conflict was gone but a new problem arose. PRO version of VC has a row setting called “Inner Container”. It’s basically the same thing as VC default option “Stretch Row”. When using VC “Stretch Row”, the content should go to the width of the inner container but it dosent. The width changes a bit narrower (about 10 px or so from the both sides) but thats it. Tested with original WP theme and it worked just fine.

Could you please advise me how could I make the original VC to work with PRO without integration? Maybe I could add a custon CSS manually to get the content into inner container?

And yes, I know that Cornerstone is the main page builder plugin for PRO. Maybe I’m too old to learn the new tricks but I just dont seem to get the results with it. I have used VC for years and know my way around there.

If needed, I can make a demo server with PRO and Ultimate Addons both installed so you could play around.

I will also make a seperate topic about Ultimate Addons conflict and also notify Ultimate Addons makers about the conflict. Maybe one day we could get so far that PRO users could benefit from the best selling VC addon out there:slight_smile:

Hi @alf127 ,

Thanks for writing in.

Sorry to hear you’re having issues with Pro, but disabling the integration should also disable the X rows. Hence, without integration, your VC became standalone as the original (same functionality). But I like to see what issue you’re referring, yes please provide your site’s URL and admin login credentials in a secure note. And a video recording about row issue may also help to troubleshoot this issue.

Thanks!

Hi @Rad,

Yup, thats exactly as I thought how disabling X-Integration would work. That I would loose all modified struff but the VC would still work as an original.

I’m getting a feeling that without X Integration the content (when not using page boxed layout) is set very large. It like content width is 95% of entire window and I cant change it. But when I switch to default WP theme, the VC works just fine.

I have made a demo WP installation with a fresh WP, PRO and VC. No other plugins or addons have never been installed.

Hi there,

I think you’re referring to theme’s layout, I tried it and added a test page named VC TEST and the Stretch Row is working as a full-width. That is not between VC and X integration, but with theme’s layout. And theme’s layout is global that can be set in Theme Options.

And to bypass a theme’s layout, you’ll have to choose a different page template. Example, the No container template and it will be full-width. The “Stretch Row” is full-width to its container, and not full-width to the browser. And what ever the dimension of a container, then it will just follow.

If I understand the issue differently then please provide a video recording of the issue you’re getting :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Hey,

Ehhhhh, I started the problem explonation from the wrong end:slight_smile:
Yes, you are right, its the theme layout thing and layout content width can be changed in PRO options. But the thing is that after I disabled the VC X Integration, theme content width settings have no more affect on … theme content width. When I turn on the X Integration it works just fine.
And as a side note, header and footer width I can change from theme settings and it works. The content width is wider than maximum 1200 px site width.

I have made a demo page (front page) where I tried to explain what I want to achieve and how it looks like.

Hi,

With X integration off you need to select a container template if you want to contain your content.

If you want to get gid of the white container, you can add the code below in Cornerstone > CSS

.entry-wrap {
    background-color:transparent;
    box-shadow:none;
}

Hope that helps

Hey Paul,

By container template you mean the settings on the attached screenshot?

Yes, it would put everything in a row inside a conteiner but it also would put things in a container for every single row on that page. That would not work as the page has both full width and inside container rows.

Hey @alf127,

In Visual Composer (native), you would need to specify the margins and/or paddings in the Design Options tab under the Row Settings.

Hope that helps.

Hi Christian,

Yes but it would not work with different screen sizer nor resizing the screen.

Best result I have managed to get is by using this custom CSS:
#content .wpb_alert p:last-child, #content .wpb_text_column :last-child, #content .wpb_text_column p:last-child, .vc_message_box > p:last-child, .wpb_alert p:last-child, .wpb_text_column :last-child, .wpb_text_column p:last-child {
max-width: 1200px;
display: block;
margin-left: auto;
margin-right: auto
}

It’s not yet perfect but its something. You can see the results on front page.

Hey @alf127,

We could achieve this with custom CSS but that would be outside the scope of our support. Please consider using Pro’s Content Builder instead because the Row has an Inner Container option that you can enable to contain the contents within the row based on the Site Max Width setting.

I understand you’re accustomed to use VC. But, using it natively and using custom code to achieve a feature that is available in the Content Builder is not a part of our support service. Please see our article on how Visual Composer is used in X.

Thank you for understanding.

Yes, I understand that. The point is that the original VC also has this functionality and its called “stretch row”. It works perfectly with every other theme I’ve tested but for some odd reson not with PRO.

Yes, I have tested all the Row Stretch options of VC and also saw that in your first post. But, that won’t work inside a No Container template because VC is using a faux fullwidth technique unlike the Content Builder row which uses a simple natural HTML layout. This is why @paul.r suggested to use a template with container previously. But, you said it will contain the content for every single row and so I provided another solution. If you wish to use the Row Options of VC, please follow @paul.r’s suggestion.

I’m not sure what happens with other themes but the Row Options will work in a template with container just like regular themes. You can see it working in this video.

Thank you.

Ok, I will try to use your angle for getting the solution to my problem.

Could you please advise me, how could I remove all the extra margin from top and bottom that is created with “Blank-Container” template?

Ok, I should think before I ask stupid questions.
Never mind about those extra margins. Will let you know how this thing works out.

Thanks!

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.