Problem with some pages

Old site with theme x, support expired for a long time ago. Just renewed license and updated theme. I have problems on a few pages. Something is wrong with the header.

Some pages has this problem:
https://dronepilotene.no/luftfoto/

But others like this is fine:
https://dronepilotene.no/konsulenter/

How can I fix this?

Hi There @olsenconsulting

Thanks for writing in! First of all, remove all of your custom CSS rules and re-test this issue again.

Then switch your parent X theme and to see whether you’re experiencing an issue with your child theme customizations.

Also make sure that you’re using the latest version of WordPress core as well and remember to clear cache before testing.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Now I am getting this error when trying to enter the site:

Warning: require_once(/home/bubbuhco/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/styling/class-font-manager.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/bubbuhco/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/cornerstone-plugin.php on line 105

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required ‘/home/bubbuhco/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/styling/class-font-manager.php’ (include_path=’.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php70/root/usr/share/pear’) in /home/bubbuhco/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/cornerstone-plugin.php on line 105

I have tried to remove Cornerstone and reactivate but the error remains.

Hello @olsenconsulting,

Thanks for updating the thread.

I can confirm the error message on my end. I tried login to the WordPress backend but after entering the login details it shows the same error message. I tried the FTP details but I am getting Response: 530 Login authentication failed message. Can you please confirm the login details?

In the mean time, please login using FTP and under /wp-content/plugins/ delete Cornerstone folder. After that see if the error message remains, if the error message is gone then visit X > Validation to automatically install Cornerstone.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

I tried to delete the cornerstone folder, and that works for some minutes. but then again this will happen.

new credentials added.

Hello @olsenconsulting,

Thanks for updating the details.

Yes, the login details is working fine. I logged into the FTP and renamed Cornerstone folder to old_cornerstone. After that I checked the website and it was working fine. Then I visited X menu to automatically download Cornerstone. After that I tested the website and it’s working fine. However as you mentioned after some time it gives the same error message.

At this point of time, I suggest you following solutions.

1. Please check the file permission of you files and directories. For that you can take a look at following tutorial.
    https://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/how-to-fix-file-and-folder-permissions-error-in-wordpress/
  2. Increase PHP memory limit. You can try increasing your PHP Memory limit. You can do this by editing your wp-config.php file which can be located under the root of your WordPress installation.

Add the following lines into that file.

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

#1 and #2 done, no change. Please advice, site has been “down” for 12 hours now…

Hi,

It’s an issue with file permission.

Please contact your host and request to correct file permission.

755 for all folders and sub-folders.
644 for all files.

Thanks

File permissions should now be fixed. But still no luck

Hi ,

The file permission problem is not fixed and I could not access to none of the pages you mentioned and the admin:

Warning: require_once(/home/dronedhg/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/styling/class-font-manager.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/dronedhg/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/cornerstone-plugin.php on line 105

You do need to contact your hosting service provider and ask them to fix the issue. There is nothing that we can do in this matter as it is a completely server related problem.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hello,

My host has now confirmed all file permission set as requested, site now loads.

Can you please take a look at my first problem:

have problems on a few pages. Something is wrong with the header.

Some pages has this problem:

https://dronepilotene.no/luftfoto/

But others like this is fine:

https://dronepilotene.no/konsulenter/

How can I fix this?

Hi There,

This issue occurs might be you forgot to add the unclosed </div> in your text elements.

Could you please double check all your text elements?

Let us know how it goes!

Hi. This was originally created with cornerstone but then converted to the standard editor due to problems with cornerstone. I have not placed any

tags, and can not find anyone in the text boxes.

How can I solve this ?

Hey @olsenconsulting,

You have several broken HTML in your page. One in particular is in your Footer Content. I saw that when I checked your page’s source code in http://htmlhint.com/

Please check all the areas of your site for broken HTML.

Thanks.

I have never added these tags, something has happened after upgrading theme. I removed the tag now in footer setting menu. The others I can not located. Please let me know how to fix this. I just bought a new license to upgrade to latest version for safety, and now I get this problems. If this is not a easy fix I have to find another theme that will work just out of the box…

Hello @olsenconsulting,

Thanks for updating the thread.

Another support staff here. I also tested for any syntax error on http://htmlhint.com/ and can see few instances wherein there is no start <div> tags but closing </div> tag is present there and that might be causing the problem with the layout. In this case you need to check the files yourself and make the necessary correction. Please start by checking base.php file under /framework/views/footer/. You need to fix this yourself as it fall outside the scope of support we can offer. You can take a look at our support handbook.

Thanks for understanding.

Thank you for your reply. I checked the file, and it does not contain any unclosed tags.

<?php // ============================================================================= // VIEWS/FOOTER/BASE.PHP // ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- // Includes the wp_footer() hook and closes out the .x-site
, .x-root //
, and tags. // ============================================================================= ?>
<?php do_action( 'x_before_site_end' ); ?>

</div> <!-- END .x-site -->

<?php do_action( 'x_after_site_end' ); ?>
<?php wp_footer(); ?>

How can this happen? I have used cornerstone for writing text. I have not added anything other places that should cause this problem on the site.

Can I get a refund for the new license, so I can make a new website from another theme developer?

Hi @olsenconsulting

This is definitely a plugin conflict issue, this is how I can see your page “luftfoto” with all other plugins deactivated except Cornerstone:

So, please run a plugin conflict test, this can be done by deactivating other plugins other than Cornerstone, then recheck this issue if everything went alright, then you can re-enable the plugins one by one till you figure out the culprit.

Alternatively, you might want to use “Health Check” plugin and enable “Troubleshooting mode”. The good thing about “Heath Check” plugin is that it’s developed by WordPress team and it only affects your logged in session so that other visitors won’t be affected.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.